Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cloud Update - Optimised for Fortnite & PUBG etc

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Tappy

Tappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

Hi Tappy - to clarify, there are some servers that you are not able to temp ban? Is this happening consistently? It would be very helpful if you could post their IDs in this thread so we can take a look. Instead of Temp Banning, are you able to add them to your Allow & Deny instead?

One suggestion that you may prefer is expanding the Geo-Filter to cover the whole region so nothing is blocked, then when the lobby loads, exit and re start your search if the server is in a location you don't like.

Let me know if I missed any of your questions!

OK... I've been on holiday hence the delay.
I've recorded the last 25 games for you. There are only 22 IDs as it put me on the same server a few times.
I'm located in the south of England which is only 18 miles away from the UK server with a ping of 9! You can see why I always want to get that server.
The Irish server is 345 miles away and the German server is 383 miles away. 
Actual recognised servers (that I can temp ban) have been marked with a *

ID: 3c34b580d1db3338    Distance: 18mi*
ID: 5c3405d0d1fb3338    Distance: 18mi*
ID: ef3432fdd18e3338    Distance: 18mi*
ID: d812dda8af777d82    Distance: 18mi
ID: b923d19cc058adb2    Distance: 18mi
ID: de2312ddc07dacb1    Distance: 18mi
ID: d51226f1af747d82    Distance: 18mi
ID: ff3428f3d19e0c11    Distance: 345mi*
ID: e0363e09d37fe0e5    Distance: 345mi*
ID: ff36f4bfd39e959a    Distance: 345mi*
ID: 4122521dbfe0eff4    Distance: 345mi
ID: 6022b984bfffecf1    Distance: 345mi
ID: 1022420dbfaff1f6    Distance: 345mi
ID: 8b22c590bf2af0f5    Distance: 345mi
ID: 3f224c17bfdef4f9    Distance: 345mi
ID: d322eab5bf72eff4    Distance: 345mi
ID: cb225c27bf6af2f7    Distance: 345mi
ID: d7229c67bf76f0f5    Distance: 345mi
ID: 4d12b782afecbec3    Distance: 383mi
ID: 6c1227f2af0bbec3    Distance: 383mi
ID: d612d7a2af75c0c5    Distance: 383mi
ID: d512420daf74b3b8    Distance: 383mi

Is it very odd that there are so many? Like I say... I only connected to a duplicate server 3 times out of 25 games.
Thanks for your help.

Tappy

Tappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Bump?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

Bump?

Hi Tappy - this is quite a list! Awesome research you've conducted here. I'll make sure Fraser (our resident Fortnite tester) sees this.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Cheers for the list, I'll go over them when I can and see what we can do.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Belloni

Belloni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Hi Jack, yes I am. My settings are my location in UK - range set to 471KM, ping assist to 0ms, updated cloud settings. Like I say, when I play on my own, it's perfect. Then grouped, it will find a server and throw them into a game but then I'm just stuck at loading screen.

Any idea please?

JOE1305

JOE1305

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • Local time: 09:57 AM

How to check if this function works? I checked today on R1 in Fortnite (XBOX ONE) and does not show me a server in Germany. The game wants to connect me with servers in the USA even though I live in Poland. Do I do something wrong or not have the cloud updated yet?1527071383-U19369.png1527071496-U19369.png1527071524-U19369.png

How to check if this function works? I checked today on R1 in Fortnite (XBOX ONE) and does not show me a server in Germany. The game wants to connect me with servers in the USA even though I live in Poland. Do I do something wrong or not have the cloud updated yet?

Yo bro, I have the same issues even though I have strict mode on and the home location near to the german server. I get connected to usa server on the westcoast.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

Yo bro, I have the same issues even though I have strict mode on and the home location near to the german server. I get connected to usa server on the westcoast.

If you extend your radius to the whole of Europe, with the Europe region selected (and reset the console and the Netduma) do you ever connect to Europe? What if you stop searching when it's found a US server and search again?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Belloni

Belloni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Hi Jack, yes I am. My settings are my location in UK - range set to 471KM, ping assist to 0ms, updated cloud settings. Like I say, when I play on my own, it's perfect. Then grouped, it will find a server and throw them into a game but then I'm just stuck at loading screen.

Anyone help?

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

Anyone help?

Sorry I missed you earlier in the thread - so just to clarify, you've added all of the friends you're playing with to your allow list? Is this in PUBG or Fortnite that you're experiencing this issue?

Could you screenshot your Geo-Filter settings (both the devices and the map settings)? Also when you're unable to connect, do you see anything being blocked on the map?

Technical support:

BESTINWORLD444

BESTINWORLD444

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Any update for FIFA please?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Any update for FIFA please?

No not yet, I think we'll be doing an update soon now the cloud system is a bit easier to use.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users