Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Cloud Update - Optimised for Fortnite & PUBG etc

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Welcome,

I checked twice my settings and bleeding edge is turned on sins always. Why I don't get the update for Fortnite?
I live in Nederland
Any solutions admin ?

That should mean it is now working. When you go to the Geo-Filter and search for a game, can you see a server appearing in Germany, Ireland or the UK?

sigura

sigura

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 7 posts
  • Local time: 09:57 AM

Make sure you have selected Bleeding Edge in >Settings >Miscellaneous.

It should then take effect. The update on R1 has put all the servers in their correct locations, so when you search for a game in Fortnite you can see which server base it has put you on within your region

My mistake, thought this was DumaOS update to R1. When is that comming? Got any date?

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

My mistake, thought this was DumaOS update to R1. When is that comming? Got any date?

No worries. No date yet, we are working to get it done asap. We'll post on here as soon as we have more info.

Project___Nero

Project___Nero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Hi Guys, either I'm being really dumb or something isn't quite right. So I'm UK, and have set the matchmaking region in-game to Europe, and have got the GeoFilter on over the UK with a 745km Radius,, and its still trying to connect to to a server in the US? Latest one: ID: 242219e4bfc3f2f7    Distance: 7723km. Obviously it doesn't load.

And I also have come across servers I cannot temp ban. Next time I come across one Ill get the info....

Project___Nero

Project___Nero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

OK Ping assist is on at 30ms, geo filter still on and mm region is Europe, but connected me to ID: 98232af5c037acb1    Distance: 5935km in the US. Is this a game issue?

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Hi Nero - have you set your cloud settings to Bleeding edge? Go to >Settings >Miscellaneous and make sure you click Apply Cloud Settings.

It sounds like your Geo-Filter has not updated to the new database yet.

Project___Nero

Project___Nero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Hi Nero - have you set your cloud settings to Bleeding edge? Go to >Settings >Miscellaneous and make sure you click Apply Cloud Settings.

It sounds like your Geo-Filter has not updated to the new database yet.

Yea I did all that when we were first notified of the upcoming update :(. Just clicked on Apply Cloud Setting again, should Auto Cloud be ticked? 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Do you have it ticked or unticked? It should be pushing to auto cloud so I would recommend ticked normally but given your situation I'd try the opposite of how you currently have it!

Project___Nero

Project___Nero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Do you have it ticked or unticked? It should be pushing to auto cloud so I would recommend ticked normally but given your situation I'd try the opposite of how you currently have it!

Its unticked. Had to untick it a while back on advice of you guys as there was something playing up somewhere regarding something lol. Ive now ticked it and applied the cloud settings again. Now is it a waiting game?

EDIT: After ticking AutoCloud, for the 1st time since the update has released I am on a Server in Europe which isnt Ireland haha

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Good stuff. So it sounds like it's working now then? Let us know if you need any other help.

Project___Nero

Project___Nero

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts

Yep seems to be spot on now :). Thank you! And just got my 2nd win loooool

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

Nice one! Congrats

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

You will now be able to Filter within the region for both Fortnite and PUBG.

Fraser, how many major server locations are there in North America for PUBG? Is it just separated West / East or are there more locations in between?

And the same question for Europe too.

Cheers

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Fraser, how many major server locations are there in North America for PUBG? Is it just separated West / East or are there more locations in between?

And the same question for Europe too.

Cheers

I primarily focused on Fortnite testing while others did PUBG testing so I would have to clarify with them but I believe US is West/East with at least one server in each. Then Europe on mass should have 2-3 servers but they're not very spread out i.e. Ireland, UK, Central EU.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

I primarily focused on Fortnite testing while others did PUBG testing so I would have to clarify with them but I believe US is West/East with at least one server in each. Then Europe on mass should have 2-3 servers but they're not very spread out i.e. Ireland, UK, Central EU.

Cheers Fraser

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

Belloni

Belloni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

This works fine when I'm playing on my own, but when a friend joins party and we try a game, it freezes for me on the loading screen but they enter the game fine?

ilsant0

ilsant0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hello to all.
Situation:
PUBG on PC with NetDuma R1 connected in cascade.

My problem:
From the Host Filtering I see only Irish servers. I do not see neither the UK servers nor the Cetral EU (Germany?).

I would like to play only on DE or Central EU servers (as I do with COD ...).
I reset and restart R1.
In miscellanueos are green ticked both "Enable auto cloud" and "Bleeding edge cloud".
I waited 24 hrs but did not update?
Help.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

This works fine when I'm playing on my own, but when a friend joins party and we try a game, it freezes for me on the loading screen but they enter the game fine?

Are you always the host of the game? What are your Geo-Filter settings?

My problem:
From the Host Filtering I see only Irish servers. I do not see neither the UK servers nor the Cetral EU (Germany?).

I would like to play only on DE or Central EU servers (as I do with COD ...).
I reset and restart R1.
In miscellanueos are green ticked both "Enable auto cloud" and "Bleeding edge cloud".
I waited 24 hrs but did not update?
Help.

Have you tried switching your region in-game?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Belloni

Belloni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Hi Jack, yes I am. My settings are my location in UK - range set to 471KM, ping assist to 0ms, updated cloud settings. Like I say, when I play on my own, it's perfect. Then grouped, it will find a server and throw them into a game but then I'm just stuck at loading screen.

ilsant0

ilsant0

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Have you tried switching your region in-game?

Yes sir.. I can switch between NA and EU servers...but nothing happens

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users