Cloud Update - Optimised for Fortnite & PUBG etc

The cloud database has now been updated, it optimises Fortnite, PUBG and other games. Games that will be most affected will be those using AWS or Azure dedicated servers. They should now all correctly be identified as a dedicated server as well as all appear in the correct location.

You will now be able to Filter within the region for both Fortnite and PUBG. The game will attempt to load you into the server if its outside your radius so wait then re-search and game should be within your radius.Alternatively you can use Spectating Mode / Full radius to see where the server is located and if you don't like it, back out of the lobby and search again.

HOW TO APPLY

R1 Users

The changes will auto install onto the R1 in 24-48 hours. There is no way to accelerate this. To filter these games, add your PC or console to the Geo-Filter and select either the Xbox Live or PlayStation service (choose either one if you are playing on PC)  

XR500 Users

For XR500 please click Flush Cloud in the options on the Geo-Filter Map and it will automatically download the latest cloud. Then go to a different R-App and then back to the Geo-Filter. Then add your PC or console to the top of the Geo-Filter. If you are playing on PC, choose the Unreal Engine service. Consoles should automatically choose the right service. 

Here is a video of the Cloud update in action on Fortnite:

Hold on is dedicated server ban now working  :o

Great video btw 

How do you set it up for fortnite? When i search for a game and the game tries to connect to a server outside my radius i get disconnected. Thats really annoying, especially when you play with friends

I think I must be doing something wrong and wonder if you could help me. I made a video of several attempts to join the UK server. I'll leave the link below.
Now... The problem as I see it... The only server that is flagging up as a server is the one in Ireland (Which I can temp ban). The UK and Germany servers don't seem to be recognised as servers. I also don't understand why the game is trying to force me onto a server when my Geofilter shouldn't allow it.
Honestly. It only puts me on the UK server about 1 in 5 times (I get a 9ms ping). It's very monotonous waiting for the game to load, knowing it's not going to. The only solution for me is to not use the Geofilter. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the latest cloud upgrade.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

I think I must be doing something wrong and wonder if you could help me. I made a video of several attempts to join the UK server. I'll leave the link below.

Now... The problem as I see it... The only server that is flagging up as a server is the one in Ireland (Which I can temp ban). The UK and Germany servers don't seem to be recognised as servers. I also don't understand why the game is trying to force me onto a server when my Geofilter shouldn't allow it.

Honestly. It only puts me on the UK server about 1 in 5 times (I get a 9ms ping). It's very monotonous waiting for the game to load, knowing it's not going to. The only solution for me is to not use the Geofilter. But that kind of defeats the purpose of the latest cloud upgrade.

Thanks.

What's up !!! First the reason why it hook you on a server outside of your radius is because of the ping assist... like it tries to use both so the simple way to connect only to the servers inside your radius is by disabling the ping assist...set it to 0 !!! Now what you should know is... if sometimes there is not enough people playing that game inside your radius it will take an eternity to start matches...so at that time you then set the ping assist so it will allow people outside of your radius to join your lobby if they have an equal or better ping than what you set !!! Now what i do myself and what i strongly recommend... Set your radius higher and search a match... when you see a server you don't want just click on it and set it at any percentage from your ban zone downthere like 1percent then click on the name bar to give that server a name then you have to press enter absolutely then click outside that lil box and voilà that non desired server appear downthere in the banned section (i myself give them different numbers so i can see it appear in the ban section...if you set them all at the same amount like 1% they will all appear on top of each others so you wont see it appear) once it is in the banned section refresh the screen and go down to the banned section again and click on it to confirm it is there !!! When it is confirmed go on miscelleanous and hit the restart button (always close components hooked to your router before restarting it and soon as it tells you to not use your browser for a minute then you simply restart the component you used to do the settings) !!! The reason why i do that and why ya want to do that is for like what i said earlier...when your ping assist is at 0 aka diabled... and there's not enough players inside your radius you then set the ping assist to allow outsiders to enter your radius...but since now your unwanted servers are blocked properly it will always connect to the servers inside your radius but still will allow outsiders to get in your lobbies

• Administrators

How do you set it up for fortnite? When i search for a game and the game tries to connect to a server outside my radius i get disconnected. Thats really annoying, especially when you play with friends

It doesn't decide what server to connect you to until it's loading you in which means that's the only time we can block it. We are looking for a way for it to kick you back to the lobby straight away. I don't think it handles host of a lobby like it does with other games. I would advise in this case to disable the filter and see what server you get put on, if it's not one you want then back out and search again - may be quicker than waiting for it to kick you to the lobby.

Thanks.

It doesn't decide what server to connect you to until it's loading you in which means that's the only time we can block it. We are looking for a way for it to kick you back to the lobby straight away. I don't think it handles host of a lobby like it does with other games. I would advise in this case to disable the filter and see what server you get put on, if it's not one you want then back out and search again - may be quicker than waiting for it to kick you to the lobby.

I was uploading the video to youtube hence the delay in posting and the similarities in my post to the previous post. I hadn't seen Victor's post. Quoting us both with a copy and a paste not only looks sarcastic but just plain rude! You've answered his question but missed most of mine out.
Anyway... Why isn't it recognising the UK and Germany as servers that we can temp ban?
This whole update seems completely futile.

DMC.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. The ping assist shouldn't make any difference. The way the Duma has worked in the past is that it should block a connection to anything outside my radius. Which it is doing. The problem is, as Fraser said, it's still attempting to load the game on a blocked server (outside the allowed zone). Whether it was blocked with the radius or with the ping, the result would be the same. This leads to a long loading screen and a kick. Friends get in the game but you don't. I think the length of the wait is the amount of time it would actually take to put you on the battle bus. So it's about 2 minutes of the loading screen. 

So if with friends then you can't use the geofilter and if you're by yourself and have the patience, then you have to wait for a good few server disconnects before you get into your desired server. Probably takes a little longer for me as there are 3 servers in Europe.

• Administrators

My R1 Has not been updated. Is there enyway i can get i file insted?

Make sure you have selected Bleeding Edge in >Settings >Miscellaneous.

It should then take effect. The update on R1 has put all the servers in their correct locations, so when you search for a game in Fortnite you can see which server base it has put you on within your region

• Administrators

j'ai le meme probleme il se connecte en irlande  mais mon geofiltre est en allemagne le plus proche , du coup j'ai un message d'erreur et il me renvoie vers le hall :(

Cela signifie que cela fonctionne. Il vous empêche de rejoindre le serveur irlandais qui va jouer pire pour vous.

Si vous préférez ne pas attendre, vous pouvez étendre le filtre pour couvrir le monde et regarder où se trouve le serveur. Si c'est en Irlande, quittez le lobby et cherchez à nouveau

• Administrators

I was uploading the video to youtube hence the delay in posting and the similarities in my post to the previous post. I hadn't seen Victor's post. Quoting us both with a copy and a paste not only looks sarcastic but just plain rude! You've answered his question but missed most of mine out.

Anyway... Why isn't it recognising the UK and Germany as servers that we can temp ban?

This whole update seems completely futile.

DMC.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. The ping assist shouldn't make any difference. The way the Duma has worked in the past is that it should block a connection to anything outside my radius. Which it is doing. The problem is, as Fraser said, it's still attempting to load the game on a blocked server (outside the allowed zone). Whether it was blocked with the radius or with the ping, the result would be the same. This leads to a long loading screen and a kick. Friends get in the game but you don't. I think the length of the wait is the amount of time it would actually take to put you on the battle bus. So it's about 2 minutes of the loading screen. 

So if with friends then you can't use the geofilter and if you're by yourself and have the patience, then you have to wait for a good few server disconnects before you get into your desired server. Probably takes a little longer for me as there are 3 servers in Europe.

Hi Tappy - to clarify, there are some servers that you are not able to temp ban? Is this happening consistently? It would be very helpful if you could post their IDs in this thread so we can take a look. Instead of Temp Banning, are you able to add them to your Allow & Deny instead?

One suggestion that you may prefer is expanding the Geo-Filter to cover the whole region so nothing is blocked, then when the lobby loads, exit and re start your search if the server is in a location you don't like.

Let me know if I missed any of your questions!

It should then take effect. The update on R1 has put all the servers in their correct locations, so when you search for a game in Fortnite you can see which server base it has put you on within your region

Welcome,

I checked twice my settings and bleeding edge is turned on sins always. Why I don't get the update for Fortnite?

I live in Nederland

Any solutions admin ?

• Administrators

Welcome,

I checked twice my settings and bleeding edge is turned on sins always. Why I don't get the update for Fortnite?

I live in Nederland

Any solutions admin ?

That should mean it is now working. When you go to the Geo-Filter and search for a game, can you see a server appearing in Germany, Ireland or the UK?

My mistake, thought this was DumaOS update to R1. When is that comming? Got any date?

• Administrators

My mistake, thought this was DumaOS update to R1. When is that comming? Got any date?

No worries. No date yet, we are working to get it done asap. We'll post on here as soon as we have more info.

Hi Guys, either I'm being really dumb or something isn't quite right. So I'm UK, and have set the matchmaking region in-game to Europe, and have got the GeoFilter on over the UK with a 745km Radius,, and its still trying to connect to to a server in the US? Latest one: ID: 242219e4bfc3f2f7    Distance: 7723km. Obviously it doesn't load.

And I also have come across servers I cannot temp ban. Next time I come across one Ill get the info....

• Administrators

Hi Nero - have you set your cloud settings to Bleeding edge? Go to >Settings >Miscellaneous and make sure you click Apply Cloud Settings.

It sounds like your Geo-Filter has not updated to the new database yet.

Hi Nero - have you set your cloud settings to Bleeding edge? Go to >Settings >Miscellaneous and make sure you click Apply Cloud Settings.

It sounds like your Geo-Filter has not updated to the new database yet.

Yea I did all that when we were first notified of the upcoming update :(. Just clicked on Apply Cloud Setting again, should Auto Cloud be ticked? 

• Administrators

Do you have it ticked or unticked? It should be pushing to auto cloud so I would recommend ticked normally but given your situation I'd try the opposite of how you currently have it!

Do you have it ticked or unticked? It should be pushing to auto cloud so I would recommend ticked normally but given your situation I'd try the opposite of how you currently have it!

Its unticked. Had to untick it a while back on advice of you guys as there was something playing up somewhere regarding something lol. Ive now ticked it and applied the cloud settings again. Now is it a waiting game?

EDIT: After ticking AutoCloud, for the 1st time since the update has released I am on a Server in Europe which isnt Ireland haha