H1Z1 mislocated server IDs (and will you add this game to cloud?)

Just hopped on for the first time with the filter disabled to see what's what on PS4, and I see a single dot in California. Supposedly getting 13ms~ (although somehow it just dropped to 0.1ms) from the UK lol. ID is:

23456833e2c2a9ae

Will you guys be doing anything on the cloud for H1 or? I'm not sure how that works, regarding games you choose to support or whatever. I know it probably has a server browser but it'd be nice to know where they are haha

• Netduma Staff

Ah good spot! I'm not sure when this game will be added to the cloud but thanks for letting us know this is something you'd like to see.

Mis-located servers have to be added in separate cloud updates since it's more risky than whitelisting servers. (Last time for instance a mis-located server update caused hundreds of people to have issues loading the Geo-filter), so they're done less frequently. We'll let you know when one goes live though!

Thanks for letting me know.

Curiously that Cali (I think) dot is clearly mislocated but the game only seems to show one other dot when playing - it's never the biggest dot on the map, but it's in central USA (not sure if accurate or not) and I get 180-190ms to it. If I block it I don't seem to be able to connect, but I can't say for sure if that's the sole reason because sometimes I just can't connect regardless lol

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for letting me know.

Curiously that Cali (I think) dot is clearly mislocated but the game only seems to show one other dot when playing - it's never the biggest dot on the map, but it's in central USA (not sure if accurate or not) and I get 180-190ms to it. If I block it I don't seem to be able to connect, but I can't say for sure if that's the sole reason because sometimes I just can't connect regardless lol

Hm, interesting stuff! Got an ID for that central USA server? That'll likely be the H1Z1 authentication server.

I think I took screenshots. I'll grab them from my PS4 once the bad weather passes and I can plug it back in. I learned my lesson in the thunderstorms of summer 2016 when my Virgin Hub, R1, PS4 and monitor all got fried lol

Also saw a new server last night, supposedly on the east US coast but pinging around 8ms. That 190ms one was never the largest circle unlike the mislocated servers. Although what I assume are servers have update buttons instead of temp ban...

I think I took screenshots. I'll grab them from my PS4 once the bad weather passes and I can plug it back in. I learned my lesson in the thunderstorms of summer 2016 when my Virgin Hub, R1, PS4 and monitor all got fried lol

Also saw a new server last night, supposedly on the east US coast but pinging around 8ms. That 190ms one was never the largest circle unlike the mislocated servers. Although what I assume are servers have update buttons instead of temp ban...

Bad weather where you at mate?

He's near London in the UK. We were supposedly getting storms here too last night RL but it never happened.

Same all day here. Seems like they barely even reached the coast. But it's supposed to be bad in a few days, like 14 hours of storms bad. Time to hide under my bed and whimper like a dog. Better top up my giffgaff goodybag so I can turn my R1 off LOL

• Netduma Staff

We're based pretty close to London ourselves, and there's plenty of routers in here to fry... We might have to board the windows!

We're based pretty close to London ourselves, and there's plenty of routers in here to fry... We might have to board the windows!

Haha. I'm just down the road from you (well, about 20 miles or less) so if you got the storms, I'll be getting them too :(

It's pretty pathetic because storms never bothered me before 2016. I'm sure I used to stay out in the summer without a care in the world when I was a kid/teenager, but then again I don't remember them ever being that close. The last two years worth seem to be so close they're deafening and shake the house. I've still got tinnitus after that one in Aug 2016 that wiped my stuff out -_- I'd unplugged everything from the mains but forgot about the Virgin coax cable coming in from outside so that hit my Superhub, over ethernet to the R1, over ethernet to my PS4 and then over HDMI to the monitor. I was sat in the dark waiting for the rain to pass so I could go out for a smoke, in a chair next to my PS4, heard a crack in my head as soon as the flash went off and I was thrown out of my chair lol

Now I'm just paranoid 24/7 from April till September :D