XR500 - devices not connected to internet (in Singapore)

Hello guys, 

Thought I come to you for help after going through different sources (I am in Singapore) including the forum post here, Netgear technical support, Singtel and Kaira (Distributor).

Background: 
I am having some issues with getting games on my PS4 for FIFA 18 and sought to get the NightHawk XR 500 in a bid to optimise my packets and use the Geo-Filter on Netduma.

I am on Singtel Fiber Bundle - TV, Voice and Internet (1Gb). Previously used Asus RT and also recently changed to the AC Router. The connection is from fibre point to ONT (port 1) to Router. Voice jack is directly connected to the ONT. 

Problem:
I connected everything as per normal to the new router and logged into the router to initialise it. The system boot up fine but could not detect the internet. After trying things out a few times, I chose the manual configuration so that I can bypass and get into the main router settings. Over there, I enabled Vlan tagging and the default is set to the internet, with Vlan ID 10 and priority 0. With this, I immediately got the light on the router to indicate internet connection and I also got the connected stated on the router's dashboard. However, I could not get internet to my devices.

I did some search and added in another Vlan tag, this time for the MioTv - Vlan ID 20, priority 4. So mio tv box works, but my internet situation is still the same. The router is communicating and connected with Singtel, but my devices beneath the router such as computer and mobile phones are unable to access the internet.

Remedies:
I have spoken to Netgear, Singtel and even Kaira (the most useless actually since they just directed me back to Netgear) and are unable to resolve this. Netgear's customer service while not having a physical presence in Singapore must be commendable if compared to Singtel and Kaira. They were really friendly, spent a good deal of time with me on the phone, did remote access to test things out but still could not get it to work.

They did ping websites using command prompt and there was no packet loss and came to the conclusion that they need to escalate this to their engineers and get back to me. The guy thinks there might be an issue with the Vlan working correctly as the router is receiving internet from the ISP (I have a WAN IP address), but for some reason is not distributing it to all the devices. 

They dropped me another email this morning suggesting that I try internet Vlan ID 10 priority 4; and IPTV ID 20, priority 0.

I am just wondering if there's anyone who's using Netgear's XR 500 and on Singtel with MioTV and voice bundle. I cannot be the only person in Singapore who's using this? Any help is appreciated!

View the full article