Need help with a couple of things regarding Netduma R1

Ashkan Phenom

Hello guys, I bought my R1 router a while ago and its been amazing but recently Im facing issues.

let me start by saying that Im living in Malaysia (south east asia region) recently whenever I turn on my ps4, if I have host filtering enabled i cant get connected to PSN, when I look at the map I see that some USA servers are getting blocked even though Im not even in a game.

my host filtering used to be ON all the time and Ive never faced this issue before. whats causing this?

another thing is, around 3 to 4 months ago I could find games in COD:blacops3 in under 10 seconds with pings around 30 ms (host filtering was on and strict mode was off) but the map used to show the host somewhere in europe ( i thought maybe its just a misplaced server).

couple of weeks ago i was getting no internet at all through the R1, so i did a factory reset and now I cant find a single game in BO3. if i turn off host filtering I will get connected to Japan with a 90+ ms ping which is exactly like not having the R1 at all.

Im not sure whats causing this, please let me know if you have any solutions, or you need me to provide more info.

update: and now it keeps kicking me of PSN network:(

thanks

Host filtering should only be enabled just before you search for a game. It’s not advisable to have it enabled while the game is booting up.

The 30ms server you were connecting to definitely sounds like it was incorrectly located. I would start by not enabling the geofilter until just before you search for a game and see if you connect to that server again. If you do, post it’s ID here so it can be added to the cloud. Let us know how you get on.

Host filtering should only be enabled just before you search for a game. It’s not advisable to have it enabled while the game is booting up.

The 30ms server you were connecting to definitely sounds like it was incorrectly located. I would start by not enabling the geofilter until just before you search for a game and see if you connect to that server again. If you do, post it’s ID here so it can be added to the cloud. Let us know how you get on.

im not connecting to that server anymore, sometimes I see a server getting blocked out of the map. like all the way on the bottom of the map

plz let me know how I can flush the cloud. thanks

follow pollutions advice first. Otherwise go to settings>>>misc>>>cloud. untick both boxes then apply then retick both boxes and apply again. I would suggest pollutions adivce first!

• Netduma Staff

im not connecting to that server anymore, sometimes I see a server getting blocked out of the map. like all the way on the bottom of the map

Let us know how you get on with the suggestions above :)

So now i turn my host filtering off when i turn on the ps4. Then i only turn it on when i want to play a game.

It still ocassionaly kicks me out of psn. I also flushed the cloud.

Still takes longer to find a games than before in cod but could find a couple of 30ms ping games.

There is still one server off the map. I will try to put my home location near it and take a screenshot and show you, it looks like a misplaced server.

So now i turn my host filtering off when i turn on the ps4. Then i only turn it on when i want to play a game.

Still takes longer to find a games than before in cod but could find a couple of 30ms ping games.

There is still one server off the map. I will try to put my home location near it and take a screenshot and show you, it looks like a misplaced server.

I think that the server you are seeing off the map is a device communicating with your console via LAN. Someone from Netduma will be able to confirm this for certain.

When you get kicked from PSN with the geofilter enabled there must be a PSN server somewhere being blocked. If you can get its ID and post it here then it can be whitelisted in the cloud.

I expect your extended search times are probably because BO3 is quite an old game now and there may not be as many live servers for it in your location as before.

• Netduma Staff

Do you see anything blocked on the map when you cannot connect / get kicked from PSN? The ID of that server would be great so we can whitelist it.