Can any admins take a look at my duma?

DankEddy

Hi

Could you describe what you mean, what do you think the Duma is not doing?

Is it all your games or just one that has a particular issue?

Could you post up any screen shots of your settings

What are your speeds who your ISP is

What your set up is

As much information as you can that will give the mods/ admins a good idea as to what your issue is

Have you looked in the Help manual and followed the set up guides for your speeds etc

• Netduma Staff

I feel like my duma is not up to par. I don't feel a change is quality than just using my standard modem. Maybe there's a wheel not turning on my particular duma.

Please provide more information about issues you are having based on what Macca said above :) thanks!

Please provide more information about issues you are having based on what Macca said above :) thanks!

looking back at his other posts I am assuming it is still regarding his wifi drops. He has not replied to his last post about his wifi security mode.

Please check your wifi settings with my image. Make sure security mode is the same as mine.

K1K7z29m.png

You can set your home location using the house icon and moving it to where you live. Or do you mean that your home location is reverting to the Western US after you move it?

Are you seeing anything on the geofilter when you play other games?

I only see West coast servers when trying to play battlefield. I live in South Carolina so I don't want to play on US West servers.

I’m not sure if the locations of the BF1 servers as I don’t play it but if you make sure the servers you don’t want to connect to are outside your radius, strict mode is ticked and Ping Assist is set to 0 then you will only connect to servers inside your radius.

looking back at his other posts I am assuming it is still regarding his wifi drops. He has not replied to his last post about his wifi security mode.

Please check your wifi settings with my image. Make sure security mode is the same as mine.

K1K7z29m.png

WiFi issues/dropouts seem to be random for me. I'll use a certain combo of security type and channel and I won't see a single dropout for weeks on my phone (it doesn't seem to affect other devices. Previous laptop WiFi issues seemed to be down to a power saving setting hidden deep in Windows 10), but then I'll randomly lose connection and the R1 is no longer discoverable as if the power was switched off. It happened last night; I was watching Twitch on my phone, suddenly had no Internet, still saw the WiFi symbol at the top of my phone screen but couldn't open the R1 GUI, so after manually turning off WiFi on my phone and trying to find the R1 (and failing), I had to pull the power on my R1 and I could reconnect.

My current WiFi settings are below. I used to use channel 7 (the default one) until my phone WiFi would randomly disconnect and the R1 couldn't be found several times a day, so I switched to channel 4 and had no more issues for maybe a month. Had to change it again recently and despite the dropout last night, I've had no issues using channel 10. The security type does seem to have an effect too but it's like a change fixes things for a while until you need to change it again :s

Never had any WiFi issues (or GUI lag with the geofilter and port forwarding enabled simultaneously) on firmware 1.03.4. Unfortunately I can't roll back from 1.03.6j... even though that was possible on every other 1.03.6x version. Was hoping DumaOS would fix all that but we've still got "weeks" to go for news LMAO

post-9329-0-41137600-1526670009_thumb.png

WiFi issues/dropouts seem to be random for me. I'll use a certain combo of security type and channel and I won't see a single dropout for weeks on my phone (it doesn't seem to affect other devices. Previous laptop WiFi issues seemed to be down to a power saving setting hidden deep in Windows 10), but then I'll randomly lose connection and the R1 is no longer discoverable as if the power was switched off. It happened last night; I was watching Twitch on my phone, suddenly had no Internet, still saw the WiFi symbol at the top of my phone screen but couldn't open the R1 GUI, so after manually turning off WiFi on my phone and trying to find the R1 (and failing), I had to pull the power on my R1 and I could reconnect.

My current WiFi settings are below. I used to use channel 7 (the default one) until my phone WiFi would randomly disconnect and the R1 couldn't be found several times a day, so I switched to channel 4 and had no more issues for maybe a month. Had to change it again recently and despite the dropout last night, I've had no issues using channel 10. The security type does seem to have an effect too but it's like a change fixes things for a while until you need to change it again :s

Never had any WiFi issues (or GUI lag with the geofilter and port forwarding enabled simultaneously) on firmware 1.03.4. Unfortunately I can't roll back from 1.03.6j... even though that was possible on every other 1.03.6x version. Was hoping DumaOS would fix all that but we've still got "weeks" to go for news LMAO

it should be more reliable using wpa-psk2 rather than what you are using which is wpa-psk. 

What distances are your wifi devices? 2.4ghz is a stronger more reliable frequency than 5ghz which is faster but a weaker frequency and more susceptible to impedance from concrete, solid walls etc etc.

it should be more reliable using wpa-psk2 rather than what you are using which is wpa-psk.

What distances are your wifi devices? 2.4ghz is a stronger more reliable frequency than 5ghz which is faster but a weaker frequency and more susceptible to impedance from concrete, solid walls etc etc.

It's not a distance issue. When the R1 decides to become suddenly invisible, not even placing my phone on top of the R1 and leaving it there will coax it into reconnecting. Or it just reconnects and disconnects constantly. Like I say it seems random and I can go a month with no dropouts, before it starts dropping out 20 times a day for a month.

The last time I used PSK2 is the last time it would drop out 20 times a day - and that's just what I saw when actually holding the phone in my hand. Other than the one dropout last night where it wouldn't reconnect by itself, it hasn't done that since swapping to PSK. Random ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Administrators

Thanks for your help guys.

DankEddy - let us know if you have fixed your issues or if you need any further help

Can you post a screenshot of your geofilter page please? If your getting that message after denying an EU server it would suggest that the EU server may actually be an authentication server that hasn’t been whitelisted in the cloud (Xbox matchmaking uses authentication severs in the EU that need to be whitelisted) if you remove them from your deny list can you find games again? Could you post the IDs of the servers you have denied so Netduma can check if they are actually authentication servers?

• Administrators

Can you post a screenshot of your geofilter page please? If your getting that message after denying an EU server it would suggest that the EU server may actually be an authentication server that hasn’t been whitelisted in the cloud (Xbox matchmaking uses authentication severs in the EU that need to be whitelisted) if you remove them from your deny list can you find games again? Could you post the IDs of the servers you have denied so Netduma can check if they are actually authentication servers?

Couldnt have put this better myself. Please try this Eddy. 

• Netduma Staff

That error is likely caused by using the interface on a phone browser. The interface isn't well optimised for that - we always recommend Google Chrome or Firefox on a PC / Laptop for the best results. (I've never seen this error message before, so it's likely happening for that reason).

As a rule of thumb, if you're getting kicked from games you should loosen up your Geo-Filter settings. It might be worth turning off Strict Mode if it's enabled, and definitely remove that EU server from your Deny list :)

• Netduma Staff

Please let us know if rebooting via Settings > Miscellaneous solves this issue.

If it doesn't, instead perform a factory reset via Settings > Miscellaneous and then set it up manually rather than using 'Set Bandwidth' or applying a profile. If you do this, can you enable Turbo Mode and Super Turbo Mode without issue?