Wifi Calling

Is it just me or is wifi calling not working on the XR500 and is there some setting I need to change?

I was previously on the R1 and changing to preemptive mode allowed it.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Nothing necessarily that's preventing it. Disable DumaOS Classified Games in Traffic Prioritization, if that doesn't work see if disabling QoS completely fixes it.

Doesn't work after disabling each setting individually and rebooting. 

Mine does not work either. It just randomly loses connection. Have tried factory resetting the router. Disabling QoS, etc. Due to this I had to get a cellspot from my cellphone company, and this acts the same way as wificalling. Just randomly loses connection. Even putting the device in DMZ mode does not help. Both work just fine if I connect them to my Asus AC3100 router

Guest Killhippie

Not working here either. The phone does not show wifi calling and calls get dropped. Turn it off and all is fine.

Guest Killhippie

IGMP Proxying is unticked by default. Sip-Alg I always thought was disabled on older netgear routers but its enabled in the R7800 PDF as well as the XR500 router. Well still no wifi calling with Sip-Alg off but if the phone grabs a strong 4G Volte signal it may not switch to wifi calling I was informed by EE so testing from my side could be flawed as I get a good 4G signal, although it worked with the R7800 with IGMP Proxying off and Sip-Alg on with a good 4G signal. I'll try when a friend on a different network comes round who gets a bad signal.

Guest Killhippie

Okay do let us know please!

Okay I have got it working on my phone, took  bit of turning Airplane mode on and off definitely not a smooth  process but making calls seems okay so far. Think it was more at EE's end than mine, but will keep you posted in case I get drop outs. Settings are default SIP-Alg on and IGMP proxying off.

• 1 year later...
On 7/6/2019 at 12:32 PM, HeHeHe said:

I found the solution, setup a guest network and only connect the phone (wifi calling) to guest network.

That's interesting. That worked for somebody who couldn't get their Philips Hue bulbs to connect. I'm sure that'll be a big clue to fixing this problem.