i keep getting KICKED OUT of LAN?

ViciousSavag3

so guys im having this problem where i keep getting kicked out of LAN CABLE on my ps4 for some reason ive been trying to get this modifications right to STAY STABLE all the time but i just cant get around it?

so i have my Gateway from xfinity set to Bridge mode for the R1 and now the only thing i need is how to have it setup right for it? like what would be the the CORRECT settings for the R1?

im also trying to do everything MANUALLY with ports and all that complicated stuff i DONT want anything automatic unless it has to be like i DONT want UPNP enabled so it wont interact with any other devices thats why i wanna do everything manually since i know the IP addresses and everything just dont know where to CONFIGURE them on the R1? ANY HELP PLEASE

WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE IN SETTINGS?

LAN

WAN

DHCP

PORT FORWARDING

DNS servers ( Note) i do have the DNS MANUALLY NOT AUTO( what would be better auto or manual?)

Also i noticed that theres (2) UPNP's to enable which one is (THE ONE) u gotta Enable if i decide to ENABLE UPNP??

Where and WHAT do i need to put in those Settings if i have 2? or what to do to keep it STABLE all the TIME

make sure upnp is disabled and also upnp forwarding in misc settings. In Lan settins you can set whatever dns you wish to use, the best dns servers at the moment are by cloudflare and are faster than googles, these are:

primary dns:                         1.1.1.1

Secondary dns:                    1.0.0.1

DHCP should be left enabled as this will give out your ip addresses to your connect devices.

WAN is best left untouched unless you have a static ip address provided by your isp, if yours is dynamic then leave this alone.

As for you saying you keep getting kicked from lan - are you losing connection to psn or from a game or both? This could be a faulty lan cable and you should change it to rule out a faulty cable.

B.D

make sure upnp is disabled and also upnp forwarding in misc settings. In Lan settins you can set whatever dns you wish to use, the best dns servers at the moment are by cloudflare and are faster than googles, these are:

primary dns:                         1.1.1.1

Secondary dns:                    1.0.0.1

DHCP should be left enabled as this will give out your ip addresses to your connect devices.

WAN is best left untouched unless you have a static ip address provided by your isp, if yours is dynamic then leave this alone.

As for you saying you keep getting kicked from lan - are you losing connection to psn or from a game or both? This could be a faulty lan cable and you should change it to rule out a faulty cable.

B.D

Hey Big Dog. I tried this DNS but it didnt work for me. I couldnt even connect to the playstation network anymore. So I had to change it to default. I guess this doesnt work for everybody.

• Netduma Staff

so guys im having this problem where i keep getting kicked out of LAN CABLE on my ps4 for some reason ive been trying to get this modifications right to STAY STABLE all the time but i just cant get around it?

so i have my Gateway from xfinity set to Bridge mode for the R1 and now the only thing i need is how to have it setup right for it? like what would be the the CORRECT settings for the R1?

im also trying to do everything MANUALLY with ports and all that complicated stuff i DONT want anything automatic unless it has to be like i DONT want UPNP enabled so it wont interact with any other devices thats why i wanna do everything manually since i know the IP addresses and everything just dont know where to CONFIGURE them on the R1? ANY HELP PLEASE

WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE IN SETTINGS?

LAN

WAN

DHCP

PORT FORWARDING

DNS servers ( Note) i do have the DNS MANUALLY NOT AUTO( what would be better auto or manual?)

Also i noticed that theres (2) UPNP's to enable which one is (THE ONE) u gotta Enable if i decide to ENABLE UPNP??

Where and WHAT do i need to put in those Settings if i have 2? or what to do to keep it STABLE all the TIME

The suggestions from Big Dog above are great.

The UPnP Forwarding option in Settings Miscellaneous is not the same as any settings found in Settings > UPnP.

UPnP Forwarding basically forwards ports from one router to another. It is only required in a two router setup.

Hey Big Dog. I tried this DNS but it didnt work for me. I couldnt even connect to the playstation network anymore. So I had to change it to default. I guess this doesnt work for everybody.

Did you do a restart once you inputted the dns?   Some isps's restrict dns services such as cloudflare (the dns I gave), If an isp restricted me in that way I would drop them like a stone!