Configuring Wake Over Internet- ARP Issue

Ok so I'm getting into tinkering with my shiny XR500. so before i had my system all set up fine with my old Modem and router, i could wake the system up over lan and the internet without issues.

I have managed to setup the router and my computer to wake over LAN but for the Life of me, I cannot get it to wake over the Internet like I did before.

I have port forwarded the UDP port and its open--- Tick

Obviously configured the Bios for WOL--Tick

Configured the Ethernet adaptors to wake on Lan and to respond to ARP requests and NS request when off--- Tick

When the computer turns off and within say 10 seconds I send a magic packet to my system over 4G machine wakes if I leave it, say 10 minutes nothing happens.

I think its the ARP table that's being flushed is there any way to inject static ARP entry?

Sorry for the long-winded question but this really annoying.

As i said i had it working on my old TP-Link W1043 running Gargoyle.

any help is appreciated.

Cheers

it doesnt work...yet

this was the first thing I sent to Netgear as a "recommended update"

my post to Netgear

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Home/Option-to-be-able-to-enable-or-disable-the-broadcast-address-to/idi-p/1524355

On my old R7000 (running custom DD-WRT firmware) - I was able to enter a startup command such as this which worked....

(it also had a WOL facility page "by default"  :rolleyes:  )

arp -i br0 -s 192.168.2.254 FF:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF

i wouldn't hold your breath waiting on Netgear with this one though....

implementing a command box into the firmware would be "a big no-no" (security issue!)

Although, if they did implement a WOL table, that would at least help a bit..

Means we could log in remotely and use the WOL facility from the router , but that limits things to that method only. i.e. you still couldn't use other apps etc to do it...  :( 

....Maybe when DumaOS develop their Android/IOS "APP" (which hopefully works over the Internet and not just LAN) ,could be included...?