V Moda Boom Mic Pro

cranium2001

Does anyone else have the V Moda Voom Mic Pro? I have one that i ised to yse with my V Moda headphones. I gavw them to my son a while back because I didn't like the way they fit my head. Im looking for another set that I can use the boom mix with, without much bullshit. I like the Sennheiser HD cans bit there is a bunch of work to make it happen. Anyone who has any experience please feel free to comment.

It works well. I used it with the old headphones but I want to try something larger than the V-Moda set I had before. I had the antlion as well and was impressed but got a deal on the latter previously so I sold the antloin.

You are going to need a headphone with a 3.5mm jack input into the headphone someone might have some Ideas.

There is an older post on head-fi,

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/what-headphones-use-a-detachable-cord-with-3-5mm-plugs-at-both-ends.532991/

I think you are better off buying a ModMic 5 and then you can use any :)

Suit you sir,

I have used many high end headphones when gaming, Beyer T1 , Denon D7000 and more but my hunt is over with the cheap Chinese Takstar Pro82's.

The imaging is incredible so audio cues are perfect with Dolby surround.

They cost me £82 which is a crazy price for what you get.

https://www.amazon.com/ammoon-Professional-Monitoring-Appreciation-Case%EF%BC%88Black%EF%BC%89/dp/B078GKJY64?th=1

Over on head-fi it seems that the silver first edition has the better sound as it uses a different driver.

They are that good I have two pair just in case, I would not want to loose this sound for gaming and for music they are brilliant too :)

Here is link to head-fi I am discussing my thoughts on them with the fellas over there in this thread, for me these are giant killers beating all my headphones for games and out of all my cans only coming a close second to the beyerdynamic T1 for music.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/takstar-pro-82-review-impressions-and-discussion-thread.849965/

I have the ModMic 4 omni directional which sounds great as Colonic has the 4 and it is clear with good low end warmth as well.

I listened to tests of the noise canceling version and it was more mid centric with less highs and lows.

I am sure the 5 will be even better.

The Takstar Pro82's have bass ports leave them shut they just add bloat and ruin the quality :)

I have the ModMic 4 omni directional which sounds great as Colonic has the 4 and it is clear with good low end warmth as well.

I listened to tests of the noise canceling version and it was more mid centric with less highs and lows.

I am sure the 5 will be even better.

The Takstar Pro82's have bass ports leave them shut they just add bloat and ruin the quality :)

So if I use my DSS I can skip the adapter correct?

So if I use my DSS I can skip the adapter correct?

You will have a 3.5mm headphone jack from the Pro82's and a 3.5mm mic jack from the ModMic.

I watched Z Reviews on Youtube say that they were image kings, in the past I have always gone for sound stage monsters I thought well if I need positional cue for gaming then it must be imaging that I need over sound stage.

I then read the whole thread on head-fi, i excitedly bought them thinking well they are cheap enough if I am wrong about it then it's a small loss where ive spent hundreds on headphones then not liked them.

They came and I was just floored mouth wide like an Ali-A thumbnail Irushed and bought a second pair  disappeared, I can not give up this sound for gaming if I were to break the first pair lol.

Looking forward to the next set from Takstar for sure but I think they found the right driver and the right housing and it will not be beaten, I hope they prove me wrong :)

So there is a difference between the silver and black? Shit, I just assumed it was color. I've been using the same Astro A50's for going on 4 years now (not without some repairs) but mine seem to be the cause of a lot of echo in party chat. So much that one of my friends replaced his thinking it was him. I like the sound and ease but I know what good cans sound like son I'm super excited. I won't be able to compare to the silver set, but I'll definitely give you my full review. I can DM you in Twitter if you want.

Those are solid cans for a budget price, drivers, housing's and position of said drivers in housing make them a must have IMO for gaming. And as Yoda said, I've spent a whole lot more money on can that I was very underwhelmed with. I'm sure you'll be more than happy with your new cans, there sweet.