netduma streamers

abc123

Thats a good idea you know. Up to @Netduma_Adam, I guess we would be concerned about non family friendly content. 

too true, this is the concern of all streaming groups and twitch itself.

you only slept for like 5 hours...WTF

Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks dude, the way I see it, getting it out there has helped us identify the features people want. So the workload should get much easier once the critical stuff is done. Nearly there!

Thanks dude, the way I see it, getting it out there has helped us identify the features people want. So the workload should get much easier once the critical stuff is done. Nearly there!

Just so you know every startup I know or have ever known has this in common:

1. Release product

2. Product succeeds or fails

3. Product succeeds, customers want X, Y, Z

4. Startup gives X, Y, Z

5. Customers want K, L, M

6. Startup realizes there is never a down time, they hire more people to handle demand

7. Due to hiring more people without proper vetting quality falls, product suffers.

So my advice is this, critical/non-critical...it is all work, if you don't love it...then find what you did love and do that.

Hey Iain, Industry question for you from the PM world.  Are you guys doing Agile/SCRUM in your development?  Should we be submitting our requests in story format?   :ph34r:  :D

Thanks,

JD

Popped in on your stream ABC i'm nearly thier to make a cod come back but still reckon i'll hold out for the treyach release.

Nice gameplay BTW

At the end there is was a clan and all my nighttime drugs were kicking in.

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Dillinger,

I've never really been a fan of programming methodologies. I just see the problem and get on with it. This may have to change when we start hiring though.... But not sure I'm really not a fan at all tbh.

What do you use Dillinger? Do you have any suggestions?

Hi Dillinger,

I've never really been a fan of programming methodologies. I just see the problem and get on with it. This may have to change when we start hiring though.... But not sure I'm really not a fan at all tbh.

scrum, waterfall, agile, konban, blah blah blah....

all those are is visibility from the business into what the developers are delivering...They don't make developers work harder, in fact in my experience the opposite is true.

When we switched to scrum and someone got a story with 10 points marked on it they'd be like well i have 1 week to do this, they dick around for 3 days and then code the last two...

I'd highly recommend just picking a stack that is transparent so you can see what the developers are doing and add issues if they've broken something...We call this rapid failure, you want to fail fast.  To do this you'll want CI (with test automation) and then CD (Continuous Delivery not Deployment).  This allows for a much more smooth transition of what i'd call coding methodologies that just don't work.

Hi Dillinger,

I hired in and the company was using some bastard form of Waterfall that wasn't going anywhere fast, but was continually missing every deadline.  Some of the team wanted Kanban and some wanted Scrum.  We ended with Scrum for two remote teams and it's been good.  Like abc has indicated above, not everyone embraces it, so I can't really "endorse" it as a way of "making" people work.  If they are open to the idea, I think it builds a solid team and forces more communication.  It seems to give business a little more comfort in that they can stomp their feet, get an agreement to work on "X" and know within a sprint or two they will see progress.  If you have a lot of micro managing types, this helps sedate them and allows the Devs and Testers to do what they do best, which is not sit in meetings.

I think it's evolving and as the market becomes more customized to the work force (work from home/remote, coding parties, etc.) there will be a new "it item" that will pop up and everyone will run to get certified.

I was more curious of how you guys were handling all the feedback with the enhancement requests and the seemingly very quick turn around in updates.  Thanks!

I hired in and the company was using some bastard form of Waterfall that wasn't going anywhere fast, but was continually missing every deadline.  Some of the team wanted Kanban and some wanted Scrum.  We ended with Scrum for two remote teams and it's been good.  Like abc has indicated above, not everyone embraces it, so I can't really "endorse" it as a way of "making" people work.  If they are open to the idea, I think it builds a solid team and forces more communication.  It seems to give business a little more comfort in that they can stomp their feet, get an agreement to work on "X" and know within a sprint or two they will see progress.  If you have a lot of micro managing types, this helps sedate them and allows the Devs and Testers to do what they do best, which is not sit in meetings.

I think it's evolving and as the market becomes more customized to the work force (work from home/remote, coding parties, etc.) there will be a new "it item" that will pop up and everyone will run to get certified.

I was more curious of how you guys were handling all the feedback with the enhancement requests and the seemingly very quick turn around in updates.  Thanks!

I think they are using agile, 1 main developer, 1 main tester

tester writes requirements down (features) and orders them

developer code code codes

:)

I like agile the most, works best for customer feedback

When we switched to scrum and someone got a story with 10 points marked on it they'd be like well i have 1 week to do this, they dick around for 3 days and then code the last two...

Tier 1 - So many teams face these same issues by only implementing the easy to use stuff and never going for the full 9.

At some point I for see ABC being at least a mod here, probably more. I know him from the XIM boards and has always taken the appropriate approach to communicating. I wish h were a mod over on the XIM wboard. Nonetheless I hope he could at least be a candidate to stream on behalf of netduma users.

At some point I for see ABC being at least a mod here, probably more. I know him from the XIM boards and has always taken the appropriate approach to communicating. I wish h were a mod over on the XIM wboard. Nonetheless I hope he could at least be a candidate to stream on behalf of netduma users.

Thanks, I can understand their concerns about streamers (you never know what someone might say or worse do) it can look bad on the company.  They've made a great product and i'm happy to help people out with it.

Archived