setup with combo

kizvandutch

• Netduma Staff

do i enable upnp after i dmz my combo modem with the netduma? 

Yep Big Dog is correct above, I hope his suggestion helps :D

I called my provider and they say my connection on there end is perfect so I don’t get why my experience is crap. Typical any game gives me flicker frame issues. I don’t really get why is there so many ways to setup this netduma. Not everyone gets the same results appears to me that this modem is more useful in the uk than the network over here

• Netduma Staff

I called my provider and they say my connection on there end is perfect so I don’t get why my experience is crap. Typical any game gives me flicker frame issues. I don’t really get why is there so many ways to setup this netduma. Not everyone gets the same results appears to me that this modem is more useful in the uk than the network over here

The Netduma is compatible worldwide; there's no reason why it should work better in some countries than others. All games are better supported in some countries like America better than others, though that isn't the fault of the Netduma. What do you mean by flicker frame issues? That sounds like it's not caused by ping but rather performance.

The Netduma is compatible worldwide; there's no reason why it should work better in some countries than others. All games are better supported in some countries like America better than others, though that isn't the fault of the Netduma. What do you mean by flicker frame issues? That sounds like it's not caused by ping but rather performance.

In his other post yesterday he mention the monitor he has, it is a 144hz monitor there would be flicker if it is set that high I would have thought.

It would need to be using 60hz, I may be wrong here it is just the mention of flicker.

http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24896-monitor-preference/

Maybe the monitor is not working well with my ps4 than. I’m looking to get one for just gaming period.

I have just been reading online that in the options menu / system / information / you can see the refresh rate.

What monitor do you have? I use the 144Hz Asus VG248QE just fine with my PS4. It automatically runs at 60Hz when connected to it, as confirmed by the display stats in the menu.

Typical any game gives me flicker frame issues. Not everyone gets the same results appears to me that this modem is more useful in the uk than the network over here

You got a video?

Sounds like a display issue though.

The router will perform the same in any country, it doesn't have a preference for the British.

I have just been reading online that in the options menu / system / information / you can see the refresh rate.

my benq XL2020B Zowie is running at 1920X1080@120 displaying my pc at the moment :D

my benq XL2020B Zowie is running at 1920X1080@120 displaying my pc at the moment :D

Does it auto to 60hz when you are playing on console.

Do you notice blur / flicker / shudder / dropping of frames when you pan BD?

• Netduma Staff

Maybe the monitor is not working well with my ps4 than. I’m looking to get one for just gaming period.

A video recording would help (though it would have to be screen capture really), but it's probably worth looking into a different monitor anyway. Lag is when you press a button and the reaction in-game is delayed, things feel sluggish. Screen flicker / frame rate issues are nothing to do with your network :)

A video recording would help (though it would have to be screen capture really), but it's probably worth looking into a different monitor anyway. Lag is when you press a button and the reaction in-game is delayed, things feel sluggish. Screen flicker / frame rate issues are nothing to do with your network :)

I would not go so far as to buy a new monitor just yet as it maybe just a setting needs changed :)

• Netduma Staff

I changed my HDMI cable and it seems to be better last night on ww2

That seems promising, good stuff. Did you try out the monitor settings Zennon suggested in your other thread?

Does it auto to 60hz when you are playing on console.

Do you notice blur / flicker / shudder / dropping of frames when you pan BD?

Yeah, when I change to console on hdmi it drops down to 60hz which is what I would expect it to be. I seen no flickering or blurring at all.

My pc is DVI as my ps4 takes up the 2nd hdmi port on my monitor.

I do know that manufacturers recommend consoles are set to hdmi 1 as that supports the highest possible rates and also that is what gaming mode runs on primarily if enabled.