Destiny 2 PC, can't seem to avoid dedicated servers overseas

I've been away for quite awhile and have moved from ps4 to pc. I am constantly connecting to overseas servers, even though Americas is selected in battlenet, which is making the game miserable.

These two are the primary culprits today:

ID: 1534f7c2d1b4454a    Distance: 9310mi
ID: 4236b07bd3e1484d    Distance: 3782mi

I am using auto cloud and bleeding edge - are these the best currently?

• Administrators

Auto Cloud and bleeding edge is good. Instead the reason will be either in strict mode or ping assist.

1. What is your ping assist set to? Try reducing it to 0ms and see if that improves it

2. You could enable strict mode. In general we don't recommend this for Destiny as it can cause issues due to the unusual way Destiny is networked, but see if that improves things

• 2 weeks later...

Ping assist was 0, but using strict worked for pve and quick play pvp.  Important note for anyone doing this though, remember to untick strict before entering competitive matches, if you get booted from games it can result in a suspension...I know as it happened to me.

May be back with another question later though, hit registration is suddenly abysmal. Going to reboot everything and go from there...

• Netduma Staff

It's worth saying that bad hit detection doesn't always have to be an issue on your end - the player your shooting likely has the bad connection. Pay attention to your own ping and let us know if you've got line issues or you're connecting to bad servers :)