Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

geo filter not allowing games through

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Local time: 05:53 PM

Playing cod predominately. Geo filter set to strict. Filtering mode. Game says for example 12 potential games but it doesn't let me join anything and i sit waiting. Turn spectating mode instant game but load off crap laggy etc. same if turn of strict. Surely i should be getting games 

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 511 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
That’s strange. Could you fully switch off your console, set your geo filter back to filtering mode and enable strict mode.

Then set the radius to the world. Boot up your game and reduce your radius. Does the issue continue?

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

same, no change

That’s strange. Could you fully switch off your console, set your geo filter back to filtering mode and enable strict mode.

Then set the radius to the world. Boot up your game and reduce your radius. Does the issue continue?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

It sounds like your radius is too strict, make sure you use the CoD profile to set the distance optimally. Make sure you're zoomed out of the map and look for anything being blocked that could be causing the issue, then let us know the ID.

There were also some server issues as well so filtering would not have helped with that. Check the online status of the servers and try again when they're fully operational.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

how do i add a picture from my pics . im on windows 10

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Upload to imgur and post the link here

World Clock

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

https://imgur.com/l80ms8x

it feels like that the square in ireland might be the cause.?

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

https://imgur.com/a/JoZLaLm

this is what i see all the time

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

That's a whitelisted server so that's not anything to do with it. Set your Geo-Filter like that how you want it, hard turn off the console & unplug it. Then flush cloud in Geo-Filter Map settings, turn on search again and should be fine. 

Which CoD is this? If it's an older one then population will be playing a factor which makes sense if its trying to force you on a UK server

World Clock

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

cod ww2

iTecKnO

iTecKnO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
Same here on COD WW2, it seems Italian server has being blocked since March and I cannot force geo filter with radius 800km and ping assist 0.. I am no longer able to play with 6ms ping as I used to before the s patrick update

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Can you try the suggestions I gave please and let me know if that resolves the issue

World Clock

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

ww2

That's a whitelisted server so that's not anything to do with it. Set your Geo-Filter like that how you want it, hard turn off the console & unplug it. Then flush cloud in Geo-Filter Map settings, turn on search again and should be fine. 

Which CoD is this? If it's an older one then population will be playing a factor which makes sense if its trying to force you on a UK server

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Set your Geo-Filter like that how you want it, hard turn off the console & unplug it. Then flush cloud in Geo-Filter Map settings, turn on search again and should be fine. 

World Clock

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

yes fraser resolved. To be sure before i turn on game now i flush and then turn on, this has worked and im getting games. I havent moved geo filter as yet. Im pretty sure it works. If i have problem again ill do same ie pull power on xbox.. Thank you for help. Codww2 is a mystery regarding how netduma should work. Im from england and yet ive got to set geo to italy. How is this the case can you explain. I thought the purpose of netduma was to set to your home location set profile ie cod then my ping which is 8ms should mean i get less time travelled through ethernet. if im setting just above italy and playing that region and surrounding. surely its more hops and time delay etc.

Can you try the suggestions I gave please and let me know if that resolves the issue

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

I perfected my WWII (Pc) gaming experience by using both a VPN and the XR500 Geo location system.

I use IPVanish VPN, connected to Nottingham servers. (I live in Northern Ireland UK)

I have my Geo location set to Mid-Europe and the circle set to just almost touch the English channel.

This give me a perfect ping around 35-40ms (this ping will give you best hit-rate in game)

I now have great game-play with this setting. 

Bare in mind, this is only for WWII and you should play around with your own settings for different games.

See more in my OP discussion here http://forum.netduma...wwii-pc-gamers/

wwii.jpg

COD WWII STEAM GAMER ID

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,556 posts

yes fraser resolved. To be sure before i turn on game now i flush and then turn on, this has worked and im getting games. I havent moved geo filter as yet. Im pretty sure it works. If i have problem again ill do same ie pull power on xbox.. Thank you for help. Codww2 is a mystery regarding how netduma should work. Im from england and yet ive got to set geo to italy. How is this the case can you explain. I thought the purpose of netduma was to set to your home location set profile ie cod then my ping which is 8ms should mean i get less time travelled through ethernet. if im setting just above italy and playing that region and surrounding. surely its more hops and time delay etc.

The most laggy games are found further away than Europe for UK players. Games in Russia, the Middle East and further afield are the main ones you'll want to filter. There's some dodgy Eastern European servers too.

With your Geo-Filter set to Europe you'll be sampling from a higher player-base but will still find games below 60ms, which is what we usually recommend for great gameplay. It's more time delay than you would get from a UK server, but sometimes a game just isn't supported or played enough in your country to get a server there. I hope this makes sense! :)

I perfected my WWII (Pc) gaming experience by using both a VPN and the XR500 Geo location system.

I use IPVanish VPN, connected to Nottingham servers. (I live in Northern Ireland UK)

I have my Geo location set to Mid-Europe and the circle set to just almost touch the English channel.

This give me a perfect ping around 35-40ms (this ping will give you best hit-rate in game)

Bare in mind, this is only for WWII and you should play around with your own settings for different games.

Thanks for letting us know your setup xlr8r! Seems like a great way to optimise for WWII.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

whats the idea behind the vpn to make experience better?

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

was just sharing my solution to the in-game lag issue with this game (on Pc).

I believe the VPN generates just that little bit of extra lag (delay) when connecting to European servers. Just enough to hit that perfect ping "sweet-spot".....

I just know this solution works for me. tried and fully tested and is now the standard setup for when I now play WWII.

wwii.jpg

COD WWII STEAM GAMER ID

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,556 posts

Yeh Jay, apparently on WWII a mid-range ping is preferable (going on what many people have reported). Around 30-40ms ping makes the game feel more stable, so he's using a local VPN to notch up his latency.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users