Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

BT OPENREACH MODEM

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

witton90

witton90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Local time: 07:32 PM

does anybody know if a bt openreach modem (hg612) will work with sky fibre and the R1? 

Myst1caL

Myst1caL

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationScotland

Unfortunately this requires the router to have a special option called "DHCP client option 61" and the R1 doesn't have this option.

Not sure if DumaOS will have the option on the R1 but as is you would need to use the original sky router with the R1

qblcZoy.png

witton90

witton90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
Thanks for reply mate won’t buy one then as they going cheap on eBay and some good reviews, wanted it for back up but if not gonna Work il leave it for now

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
There is a way you can do this as i had mine setup this way when i was with sky fibre,plug in the hg612 then from LAN port 1 on the modem run a ethernet to the bottom ethernet port on the sr102 (sky hub) this basically disables the modem within the sky hub,you can then run the r1 after the sky hub bit messy but it works

Stealth_01

Stealth_01

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  • LocationLondon

There is a way you can do this as i had mine setup this way when i was with sky fibre,plug in the hg612 then from LAN port 1 on the modem run a ethernet to the bottom ethernet port on the sr102 (sky hub) this basically disables the modem within the sky hub,you can then run the r1 after the sky hub bit messy but it works

Its abit trash that  you cant use your own modem router combination with them. It was the only reason why I ended up choosing BT over sky..

witton90

witton90

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

im thinking of the change lol got tp link router working on it tho

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

Its abit trash that  you cant use your own modem router combination with them. It was the only reason why I ended up choosing BT over sky..

you can use your own modem/router but sky will not give you your login details. You have to use wireshark in order to obtain them. There are video's on youtube and forums on how to do this, but I refuse to use any ISP that restricts people in such a way!

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

Pro Innocence

Pro Innocence

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

you can use your own modem/router but sky will not give you your login details. You have to use wireshark in order to obtain them. There are video's on youtube and forums on how to do this, but I refuse to use any ISP that restricts people in such a way!

I done that but it still will not work unless the router you are using has MER. Shame as I am in desperate need to get rid of the sky modem/router!

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts

I done that but it still will not work unless the router you are using has MER. Shame as I am in desperate need to get rid of the sky modem/router!

You can bypass the modem as I said mate it does work and that's how I used mine through the black ops 3 year worked fine

Pro Innocence

Pro Innocence

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

You can bypass the modem as I said mate it does work and that's how I used mine through the black ops 3 year worked fine

I done this after I read it this morning and it's working brilliantly! Hope your ok mate long time no speak!

BENORMOUS

BENORMOUS

Forum Legend

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,464 posts
Great stuff mate,like I said little messy with basically 3 modem/routers but does work well and you got the hg612 giving the handshake with the cabinet down the road

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users