BT OPENREACH MODEM

witton90

Unfortunately this requires the router to have a special option called "DHCP client option 61" and the R1 doesn't have this option.

Not sure if DumaOS will have the option on the R1 but as is you would need to use the original sky router with the R1

Thanks for reply mate won’t buy one then as they going cheap on eBay and some good reviews, wanted it for back up but if not gonna Work il leave it for now

There is a way you can do this as i had mine setup this way when i was with sky fibre,plug in the hg612 then from LAN port 1 on the modem run a ethernet to the bottom ethernet port on the sr102 (sky hub) this basically disables the modem within the sky hub,you can then run the r1 after the sky hub bit messy but it works

There is a way you can do this as i had mine setup this way when i was with sky fibre,plug in the hg612 then from LAN port 1 on the modem run a ethernet to the bottom ethernet port on the sr102 (sky hub) this basically disables the modem within the sky hub,you can then run the r1 after the sky hub bit messy but it works

Its abit trash that  you cant use your own modem router combination with them. It was the only reason why I ended up choosing BT over sky..

• 4 weeks later...

Its abit trash that  you cant use your own modem router combination with them. It was the only reason why I ended up choosing BT over sky..

you can use your own modem/router but sky will not give you your login details. You have to use wireshark in order to obtain them. There are video's on youtube and forums on how to do this, but I refuse to use any ISP that restricts people in such a way!

• 2 weeks later...

you can use your own modem/router but sky will not give you your login details. You have to use wireshark in order to obtain them. There are video's on youtube and forums on how to do this, but I refuse to use any ISP that restricts people in such a way!

I done that but it still will not work unless the router you are using has MER. Shame as I am in desperate need to get rid of the sky modem/router!

• 1 month later...

BENORMOUS, could you explain what benefit this gives you?

With your suggestion all I can see is that you'd stop using the internal Modem on the SR102 and starting using the hg612's modem instead. The SR102 is still required for authentication via DHCP Option 61 to SKY's MER service. Unless I am missing something any router you then attach to the LAN side of the router will still have its traffic NAT'd as the external IP is assigned to the SR102. Unless the SR102 can pass-through external IP assignment and not apply any firewall rules/traffic shaping, to that traffic (which I don't think it can), you'll just end up with a setup that makes use of an external model when the internal one on the SR102 work perfectly fine and two routers. You might as well just make use of the SR102's modem and save the electricity used to power the hg612.

The ideal would be for DumaOS to provide DHCP Option 61 as a configurable option on the WAN (VDSL) port of their router.

il serait parfait !!

• 1 month later...