Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Xr500 Nighthawk A can not connect B should I update to Version V2.2.1.10. C. Update process

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Nighthawk Pro Gaming

Nighthawk Pro Gaming

[BOT] Latest forum topics from Nighthawk Pro Gaming Community

• Moderators
  • 401 posts
  • Local time: 01:55 AM

Xr500 Nighthawk new out of box.  Windows 10 64 bit updated to current on hardwired unit. Current firmware V2.0.0.28. 

Returned X10 and bought this today. Currently at the screen through initial set up asking if I want to update to firmware V2.2.1.10

A. No connection

B. Should I update in this fashion or some other way such as extracting and uploading zip. 

Error  when connecting states. This site can’t be reached.  Netflix unexpectedly closed the connection. ERR_connection_closed. Same error on a laptop, a Mac, a phone an iPad.  Also same in chrome, Safari or IE.   please help

View the full article

techmind

techmind

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 03:25 PM

Xr500 Nighthawk new out of box.  Windows 10 64 bit updated to current on hardwired unit. Current firmware V2.0.0.28. 

Returned X10 and bought this today. Currently at the screen through initial set up asking if I want to update to firmware V2.2.1.10

A. No connection

B. Should I update in this fashion or some other way such as extracting and uploading zip. 

Error  when connecting states. This site can’t be reached.  Netflix unexpectedly closed the connection. ERR_connection_closed. Same error on a laptop, a Mac, a phone an iPad.  Also same in chrome, Safari or IE.   please help

View the full article

Hey Buddy

I was also facing this error recently. And While searching about it found a solution which you can also use. It worked for me.

Go to Command Prompt by pressing windows key and X and select Command Prompt.

Now, just paste these commands one by one and after every command hit enter.

Commands: ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushDNS

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set DNS

netsh winsock reset

Lastly, just reset your PC or the device and see if it makes any changes.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,592 posts
  • Local time: 10:55 AM
  • LocationNear Manchester

Hey Buddy

I was also facing this error recently. And While searching about it found a solution which you can also use. It worked for me.

Go to Command Prompt by pressing windows key and X and select Command Prompt.

Now, just paste these commands one by one and after every command hit enter.

Commands: ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushDNS

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set DNS

netsh winsock reset

Lastly, just reset your PC or the device and see if it makes any changes.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but this is a thread created by a bot from the nighthawk xr500 forum on netgear.

Posted Image Posted Image

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,825 posts
  • Local time: 10:55 AM

I posted the suggestion on the topic itself :)

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users