Xr500 Nighthawk A can not connect B should I update to Version V2.2.1.10. C. Update process

Xr500 Nighthawk new out of box.  Windows 10 64 bit updated to current on hardwired unit. Current firmware V2.0.0.28. 

Returned X10 and bought this today. Currently at the screen through initial set up asking if I want to update to firmware V2.2.1.10

A. No connection

B. Should I update in this fashion or some other way such as extracting and uploading zip. 

Error  when connecting states. This site can’t be reached.  Netflix unexpectedly closed the connection. ERR_connection_closed. Same error on a laptop, a Mac, a phone an iPad.  Also same in chrome, Safari or IE.   please help

View the full article

• 3 weeks later...

Xr500 Nighthawk new out of box.  Windows 10 64 bit updated to current on hardwired unit. Current firmware V2.0.0.28. 

Returned X10 and bought this today. Currently at the screen through initial set up asking if I want to update to firmware V2.2.1.10

A. No connection

B. Should I update in this fashion or some other way such as extracting and uploading zip. 

Error  when connecting states. This site can’t be reached.  Netflix unexpectedly closed the connection. ERR_connection_closed. Same error on a laptop, a Mac, a phone an iPad.  Also same in chrome, Safari or IE.   please help

View the full article

Hey Buddy

I was also facing this error recently. And While searching about it found a solution which you can also use. It worked for me.

Go to Command Prompt by pressing windows key and X and select Command Prompt.

Now, just paste these commands one by one and after every command hit enter.

Commands: ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushDNS

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set DNS

netsh winsock reset

Lastly, just reset your PC or the device and see if it makes any changes.

Hey Buddy

I was also facing this error recently. And While searching about it found a solution which you can also use. It worked for me.

Go to Command Prompt by pressing windows key and X and select Command Prompt.

Now, just paste these commands one by one and after every command hit enter.

Commands: ipconfig /release
ipconfig /all

ipconfig /flushDNS

ipconfig /renew

netsh int ip set DNS

netsh winsock reset

Lastly, just reset your PC or the device and see if it makes any changes.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, but this is a thread created by a bot from the nighthawk xr500 forum on netgear.