Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

XR500 Traffic Prioritization Question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Tai N

Tai N

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • Local time: 01:26 PM
  • LocationUS Duluth, MN

Just got my XR500, love the DumaOS so far. It's very clean :)

When I go to qos -> traffic prioritization, and then add my device for Playstation the service says 'Xbox', but I'm not sure if I set it up correctly. When adding my device I chose my Playstation, and then I didn't see call of duty in there, so I selected 'Games Console'. Is that correct?

Also in the traffic prioritization are you supposed to have the DumaOS classified games enabled? I assume call of duty is in there, so I should have it enabled?

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts
  • Local time: 07:26 PM
  • LocationNear Manchester

disable duma classified games (i do) and create a rule just for your console! Don't worry that it says xbox also, you have done nothing wrong. It is just identifying it as a console, I have had that happen to me on other routers!

Posted Image Posted Image

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationFar North of Scotland
It’s just a typo when it says xbox, your PS4 is being prioritised, it will be fixed in a future update as far as I’m aware.
The family that slays together stays together

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

As the others mentioned it is just a typo. DumaOS Classified Games also encompasses consoles as well so no need to add the manual rule.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users