A little help

Hello partners.

I need a little bit of your help. As you already know about other issues, I had been trying for some time to configure my ISP router in bridge mode and I could not do it, since the ISP had the router plugged in so that it could not be obtained.

After a while and many customers presenting complaints, we have finally managed to access it and use the router that we want, the only thing to do is put it in ONT or bridge mode and then place the VLAN in the device that is I want the ip, in this case the Duma.

My problem now is that when I put the Vlan in the Duma, it does not get IP. I tried to do it by plugging the PC directly and putting the Vlan on the PC and if I get the public address without problem, but the Duma does not, for more than tried and restarted does not give it to me.

Do any of you use the Vlan option? Does it work properly? I do not know if some guy from Netduma could check if it works or fails that option, but if so, I would be very grateful if they helped me.

greetings to all

hi fraser!

it's from the arcadyan brand, a complete garbage so call it

I do not put the Ip anywhere, in theory just by placing the Vlan should automatically take the Ip dynamically, the computer works perfectly, as soon as I place the Vlan, the computer automatically picks up Ip.

I do not know why in the Duma it is not, so ask if someone uses the Vlan option and if it works correctly or if you from your base can check that this option is not failing Vlan.

to see if with a little luck we can make it solve. Thanks for answering fraser.

Without a doubt, I think the ruling is in the duma. I continued trying it and the duma still does not catch IP, I tried other devices besides my computer and there is no problem, as soon as I put the Vlan they immediately pick up Ip, but the Duma nothing ... do not take it ... could have any solution to this fraser?

A greeting and thanks for answering.

• Administrators

Any way to verify that Vlan works fraser?

Not that I can think of. What I would advise is going back to a setup that allows you to get internet through the R1, probably by using a router between the ONT and R1. Then when DumaOS drops for the R1 try again then. If it doesn't work then we can fix it quite quickly because as of now if it is bugged we can't fix it for the existing R1 software as we would be going backwards.

Not the answer you were hoping for I know but it shouldn't be too much longer until you can use it optimally.

No, the truth is that it is not the answer I expected to hear, but what we are going to do ... This is life, sometimes it can and sometimes not, I will have to have patience until DumaOS is launched and have some Fortune for it to work, if not as you say, once there it could be corrected more easily

Thank you for your answers and for your attention.
A greeting!

• 1 month later...

good guys!

Seeing that DumaOS is delaying more than what was expected and the truth that is not known when it will see the light, is there any option to please arrange the Vlan option for the current system?

using the Vlan option is my only alternative to avoid having double Nat and I would like to use it.

Greetings and thank you

• Administrators

good guys!

Seeing that DumaOS is delaying more than what was expected and the truth that is not known when it will see the light, is there any option to please arrange the Vlan option for the current system?

using the Vlan option is my only alternative to avoid having double Nat and I would like to use it.

Greetings and thank you

We cannot release any updates for the existing firmware. Reason being all developers are assigned to DumaOS, as well as the fact that it'd take too long to go back and do that.