Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

night hawk

17 replies to this topic

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
so i’m about to buy new night hawk i have bt hub is it just plug straight in to my bt hub and it’s on ? same password? netduma r1

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts
  • Local time: 04:15 AM
  • LocationNear Manchester

no, not same as R1. It has a setup process that you follow to get it up and running. Just connect it to the bt hub as you did with the R1. Just make sure you add the Xr500 ip address to your bt hubs DMZ. Also remember to disable all wifi features on the bt hub also.

Posted Image Posted Image

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Do not update firmware on the new XR500 from the update icon on top right of dumaOS, get latest firmware from here....... https://www.netgear....0.aspx#download

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
ok thanks and is there a password for the new router ?
were will that be

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

it will be in the documentation. I think it is admin user admin password

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,881 posts

so i’m about to buy new night hawk i have bt hub is it just plug straight in to my bt hub and it’s on ? same password? netduma r1

Yeh there will be a pop-up box on the browser asking for a username and password. By default they are 'admin' and 'password'. You'll be able to change those as soon as you access the interface though.

You'll get a handy set-up tour at the start so that should walk you through most things :) I'd recommend following the guide provided.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,186 posts

WiFi name & password is on a sticker on the router so you can connect immediately. When you first access the interface it takes you immediately to the setup wizard where one of the settings you configure is the router password. It doesn't ask you to login to the interface before this point. 

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,676 posts

Yeh there will be a pop-up box on the browser asking for a username and password. By default they are 'admin' and 'password'. You'll be able to change those as soon as you access the interface though.

You'll get a handy set-up tour at the start so that should walk you through most things :) I'd recommend following the guide provided.

Thanks for that correction, I presumed it would be admin as that is usually the generic option,

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,186 posts

Thanks for that correction, I presumed it would be admin as that is usually the generic option,

You were half right, admin is the username and can't be changed.

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
thanks anything else i need to no guys ?

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
best setting for best stable connection ?
rainbow 6 siege

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,186 posts

Make sure to follow both the tours on QoS & Geo-Filter by clicking the ? icon at the top of the page next to the feature name and it'll take you through how to use the features, then you'll be able to setup optimally for your connection.

Time Converter

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
thanks

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
hey guys is there a best setting for rainbow 6 siege what radius ?? sometimes i find it better when it’s in usa ?

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

No recommendations specific to Rainbow 6 that are different from other games. So if you prefer US lobbies then move your home location there and enjoy them all night long  :)

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
so in traffics priority i added ps4 then it says traffics selector and i select games console but then when added it says service xbox ??

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 832 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ

so in traffics priority i added ps4 then it says traffics selector and i select games console but then when added it says service xbox ??

That's just a little bug - you have set it up perfectly!

sean

sean

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
thanks

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users