Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Not achieving expected speeds with R1 using CC

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

buddy love

buddy love

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local time: 03:50 PM
  • LocationWellman College

How would I go about doing that ? I'm looking for solid instructions on settings but I don't see a topic relating to that, 

david

david

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Local time: 08:50 PM

I'm using Virgin Business Broadband (VOOM 350), I have tested with the virgin broadband router in both modem and router mode with the same result. So I've tested with a router in front of the R1. I'm not using IPv6 or PPPoE - these are disabled on the R1. Test results are as follows. Results obviously vary with repeated tests but they are usually around these figures.

Down/Up Cap   Ping   Down Mbps    Up Mbps

100%          12     386          18

99%           12     133          15

50%           12     120          12    

buddy love

buddy love

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Local time: 03:50 PM
  • LocationWellman College

I'm using Virgin Business Broadband (VOOM 350), I have tested with the virgin broadband router in both modem and router mode with the same result. So I've tested with a router in front of the R1. I'm not using IPv6 or PPPoE - these are disabled on the R1. Test results are as follows. Results obviously vary with repeated tests but they are usually around these figures.

Down/Up Cap   Ping   Down Mbps    Up Mbps

100%          12     386          18

99%           12     133          15

50%           12     120          12    

Im wondering why putting it behind another router would make a difference ? 

What I was thinking was that perhaps the R1 hardware could not handle accurate CC filtering at speeds above 250Mbs , and adding another 

router in front would offset some of the processing load off the R1 to the first router , and CC would accurately filter my speeds. 

Id like to get instructions from a netduma tech or guide to ensure that its setup properly. 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,296 posts
  • Local time: 08:50 PM
All you need to do is do modem > router > R1, no need to change any settings on the router before the R1 and test using the same settings on the R1. I assume with super turbo mode that you also get your full speeds

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users