I just recieved my R1. I currently have 300Mbps internet with optimum online. I'm using an Arris TM1602 modem and the Netduma router. The Pc I am using to setup is Hardwired. When setting my bandwidth (300Mbps down/35Mbps up) I achieve these speeds no problem with the congestion bars at 100%. I am curretly on the 1.03.6h firmware.
My issue seems to be with setting Congestion Control bars. When they are moved my download speeds are only about 160-170mbps. Doesnt matter what the settting is. I have tried 99% , 90%, and 70% of total bandwidth and I get the same speed results. I have everything disabled in Miscellaneous except forTurbo mode and password enabled. I also Reset the distribution and Updated the distribution for all devices on my network . I also have Share excess enabled on both the Download and Upload. I am looking to control buffer bloat and get the maximum speeds I can doing so.
I really do not understand why these percentages are not working properly . I have rebooted ,powered off the unit entirely and turned it back on. I even factory reset the R1 and reconfigured with the same results.
Edit: I followed BIG__DOG suggestion but they did not work either. I successfully updated the firmware to the "j" version as well. I figured it couldn't hurt