Same issues as 7gtv

In this video here I m having the same issues as 7gtv I dont know what to do I have tried everything and nothing seems to work its like I am lightyears behind except I am on 60 up and 10 down 

In this video here I m having the same issues as 7gtv I dont know what to do I have tried everything and nothing seems to work its like I am lightyears behind except I am on 60 up and 10 down 

I have the same issues. sledgehammer needs to fix this. something is wrong with the game. Im living in middle europe and the game constantly puts on the server in los angeles even though i banned it. My R1 has a lotta issues.

• Netduma Staff

I reckon something is definitely up with WWII, and I'm hoping Black Ops 4 will resolve some outstanding network issues. For now we can advise you on how to get lower latency!

What are the results of an Internet Diagnostics test? Very often you can find that your house has line / equipment issues that are just making you think it's the game or Netdumas fault. If you have line issues then you'll never get great gameplay until those are resolved.

Also, what is your ping to the game and where are you located?

I reckon something is definitely up with WWII, and I'm hoping Black Ops 4 will resolve some outstanding network issues. 

Tbf, thats what we were hoping with WW2 and that game has more connection issues than any CoD game before it.

Don't count on it, thats all I can say.

• Netduma Staff

Tbf, thats what we were hoping with WW2 and that game has more connection issues than any CoD game before it.

Don't count on it, thats all I can say.

...The truth hurts. We'll keep trying to come up with new ways to support games which have bad servers etc. Hopefully soon all you guys will be able to ban dedicated servers. That should be a good start!

My ping usually runs 20 to 30 ms according to my netduma I live in nc so the closest dedi is 215 miles which is in Georgia. When I do the internet test on the duma I get ping good and everything else is exceptional. I have issues with every cod except for mwr that's the only game I get consistency with.

I have had these issues every since black ops 2 black ops 1 was the last game that played smooth for me and I believe that's the last game that did p2p over dedis

I hear all ur pain..ping means squat..the server in Ohio is trash yet has a great ping and the Pennsylvania one is 50 and I absolute melt with it. After I had a great game i recorded the id location and now exclusively play on it. I moved my geo to sit over top it with radius at 50 miles and ping at zero to guarantee I get on it. Sometimes there are zero games but that's the break. I am from Toronto but the PA one ROCKS. Go figure.

It's a great router I'm not trying to bash it but apparently I'm not set up correctly lol but when I get on a p2p connection it's a wrap I can drop 50 kills every game and I'm consistently over 3.0 kd. I had the same issues with battlefield that's why I quit playing it and Madden works ok for me but Madden is ps4 I don't know if the ps4 for cod are better than the xbox 1 servers

I don't know if it matters or not but I have my sliders on 55 up load and 60 down load and I am still downloading at 45 to 55 depending on the time of day my upload is still at 5 up just like my plan so I dunno if this has something to do with my issue or not

• Netduma Staff

I don't know if it matters or not but I have my sliders on 55 up load and 60 down load and I am still downloading at 45 to 55 depending on the time of day my upload is still at 5 up just like my plan so I dunno if this has something to do with my issue or not

Since games use

• Administrators

Thanks. Did you ping a local server in your Speedtest? Because that is very high.

Also, the bandwidth you received during the test are below the speeds you pay for (50/45). Was Anti-Flood enabled during the test? Or were other people using your bandwidth at the time? If no to both questions, then it's possible your ISP is under providing you. Possibly because other people on your street are using all your connection.

Could you also try this:

1. Set your download and upload bandwidth on the Netduma R1 to 30mbps and 5mbps (go the Device Manager to do this)
  2. Set Anti-Flood to 70% on each direction
  3. Rerun your Pingplotter test
  4. Post the results here
  5. Then set your download and upload bandwidth on the Netduma R1 back to your expected speeds

The reason for asking this is you may have local congestion on your line that is not being eliminated because your bandwidth speeds entered on the R1 are not what you actually get.

Thanks

How far is Asheville from you? 30ms+ still seems pretty high for the nearest server, but if it's on the other side of the state it could be normal I guess.

What do you get to the Georgia server through the R1 ping graph?

Edit: never mind, I see you mentioned that above. 20-30ms to GA from NC is probably in line with what anyone would get on cable from that location.

Asheville is only like 30 miles but my trace route on ping plotter goes from my home to south Carolina and back to asheville would that be why I get a better ping to Georgia than Asheville? Since I did a factory reset and put my speed to 60 and 5 my sliders are 75 70 now I get 18ms to 30 ms ping in Georgia the 3 games I played seemed better I had 2 of the 3 games that were better than previous I'll expand my geo graph to around 600 miles tomorrow and see if it plays better on the north east servers and report back

Oh I don't think that'd affect it; I'm in the UK and see a hop in France and the US if I trace route the UK CoD server lol. Curiously if I put the UK IW server IP into PingPlotter the second to last hop is French and gives me anywhere from 19 to 130ms, even though the final hop is 7ms.

Or maybe it does make a difference and is why 7ms doesn't feel like 7ms 90% of the time... because sometimes that hop isn't there, and sometimes it plays flawlessly lol

Maybe give the Florida or NJ servers a try and see if they improve gameplay.

• Netduma Staff

Well at least you know where the issue lies. If you disconnect the R1 entirely I imagine you will get similar line issues. You're getting some bad spikes considering this is over just a 10 minute period. Each of those spikes will be felt in-game.

You could try replacing your Ethernet cables though it's more likely to be the modem or your line itself. Definitely do more testing :)

Well at least you know where the issue lies. If you disconnect the R1 entirely I imagine you will get similar line issues. You're getting some bad spikes considering this is over just a 10 minute period. Each of those spikes will be felt in-game.

You could try replacing your Ethernet cables though it's more likely to be the modem or your line itself. Definitely do more testing :)

Thanks, Jake I will run a direct modem test this evening and see how that turns out and report back. I already have used 2 different cables on the last 2 test I posted 

That just looks like what I saw on cable mate. I also pinged my modem/router with the R1 taken out of the setup and, although it could remain under 1ms at times, I had spikes every few seconds from 20-130ms or so. I also got packet loss to the modem, which is what made me contact my ISP. They sent me another 2 in 1 of the same type but the problem wasn't resolved, and then a week later that was hit by lightning and I didn't want to stay with them anymore anyway so I switched to FTTC LOL

Curiously people on my ISP said it was an issue with a specific version of this modem/router but I had the one before it both times that supposedly didn't have this issue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯