Updates to Geo Filter

Any release update as to when new features will be implemented to the XR-500 specifically when peer ping and ping assist will be released also will there be updates to the Geo-Filter Map "Profiles" to include additional popular games?

Any release update as to when new features will be implemented to the XR-500 specifically when peer ping and ping assist will be released also will there be updates to the Geo-Filter Map "Profiles" to include additional popular games?

Ping Assist will be added the next two updates, not sure when those updates will be rolled out for the XR500 probably in a few weeks, not sure about peer ping etc.

• Netduma Staff

Yep as BOLDSHOTER said Ping Assist is being prioritised in the next few updates along with a few other key features :)

Nice! Loving the Netgear XR-500 and DumaOS and "cheers" for the continual support of the DumaOS..I was a little reluctant in the beginning on purchasing this router since I feared lack of improvements and additional features for the DumaOS and lack of updates in general but now I don't regret my purchasing decision and looking forward to the continued improvements and features that will be added in the future. 

• Netduma Staff

Nice! Loving the Netgear XR-500 and DumaOS and "cheers" for the continual support of the DumaOS..I was a little reluctant in the beginning on purchasing this router since I feared lack of improvements and additional features for the DumaOS and lack of updates in general but now I don't regret my purchasing decision and looking forward to the continued improvements and features that will be added in the future. 

We'll be supporting DumaOS for a long, long time. We're really keen to just get cracking and make new features, so I hope you stick around for them :D

VPN Hybrid is set to be the next large feature, and we've many more ideas to improve the usefulness of your router into the future.

• Administrators

What about updates to the games "profile" will other games be added in the next update?

No not in the next update but you can always change the Geo-Filter settings manually for whatever game you're playing

Fraser /Jack 

would it be possible for one of your MODS to create a Pinned post for "Firmware Updates (& change-log) ETA"

that way it might help reduce the number of times the same questions will get asked about Firmware updates ?

...and its a quick and easy reference for us....

• Administrators

Fraser /Jack 

would it be possible for one of your MODS to create a Pinned post for "Firmware Updates (& change-log) ETA"

that way it might help reduce the number of times the same questions will get asked about Firmware updates ?

...and its a quick and easy reference for us....

It's a good idea but for the XR500 we won't do that as we don't want to make promises on what will or will not be in upcoming firmwares as things are subject to change especially when there are two different development teams involved. When DumaOS is out for the R1 we'll be able to do that though.