Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Updates to Geo Filter

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 02:25 PM

Any release update as to when new features will be implemented to the XR-500 specifically when peer ping and ping assist will be released also will there be updates to the Geo-Filter Map "Profiles" to include additional popular games?

BOLDSHOTER

BOLDSHOTER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Local time: 12:25 PM
  • LocationClovis New Mexico USA

Any release update as to when new features will be implemented to the XR-500 specifically when peer ping and ping assist will be released also will there be updates to the Geo-Filter Map "Profiles" to include additional popular games?

Ping Assist will be added the next two updates, not sure when those updates will be rolled out for the XR500 probably in a few weeks, not sure about peer ping etc.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts
  • Local time: 07:25 PM

Yep as BOLDSHOTER said Ping Assist is being prioritised in the next few updates along with a few other key features :)

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Nice! Loving the Netgear XR-500 and DumaOS and "cheers" for the continual support of the DumaOS..I was a little reluctant in the beginning on purchasing this router since I feared lack of improvements and additional features for the DumaOS and lack of updates in general but now I don't regret my purchasing decision and looking forward to the continued improvements and features that will be added in the future. 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

Nice! Loving the Netgear XR-500 and DumaOS and "cheers" for the continual support of the DumaOS..I was a little reluctant in the beginning on purchasing this router since I feared lack of improvements and additional features for the DumaOS and lack of updates in general but now I don't regret my purchasing decision and looking forward to the continued improvements and features that will be added in the future. 

We'll be supporting DumaOS for a long, long time. We're really keen to just get cracking and make new features, so I hope you stick around for them :D

VPN Hybrid is set to be the next large feature, and we've many more ideas to improve the usefulness of your router into the future.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

What about updates to the games "profile" will other games be added in the next update?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

What about updates to the games "profile" will other games be added in the next update?

No not in the next update but you can always change the Geo-Filter settings manually for whatever game you're playing

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Fraser /Jack 

would it be possible for one of your MODS to create a Pinned post for "Firmware Updates (& change-log) ETA"

that way it might help reduce the number of times the same questions will get asked about Firmware updates ?

...and its a quick and easy reference for us....

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Fraser /Jack 

would it be possible for one of your MODS to create a Pinned post for "Firmware Updates (& change-log) ETA"

that way it might help reduce the number of times the same questions will get asked about Firmware updates ?

...and its a quick and easy reference for us....

It's a good idea but for the XR500 we won't do that as we don't want to make promises on what will or will not be in upcoming firmwares as things are subject to change especially when there are two different development teams involved. When DumaOS is out for the R1 we'll be able to do that though.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users