Couple of questions for PS4 gaming

I'm looking for suggestions on my gaming settings. I primarily play Destiny 2 and a few other games but I'm looking for optimal settings.

PS4 Pro

Motorola MB8600

Netgear XR500

One question I do have is why it allows me to add my ps4 for Geo Filter but when it brings up the list it only allows me to pick from pc games?  Did I somehow mess up a setting?  And why is says  Xbox under traffic prioritization? Any insight would be great and any recommendations. Thanks! 

2e77f06e-2d9e-4e8e-8c24-612d88164ec3.png

8ce7b669-d477-48e4-8e62-9ce4c7e731cb.png

84d33064-d3ce-443f-bb52-439f5162256e.png

Hi.

What version firmware are you running?  Just to help clarify things for you regarding traffic prioritization and xbox........the fact it says xbox is not really significant and it will still perform the necessary triffic packet priority for console gaming, there are several routers out there that do that also.

I cannot understand why you are seeing destiny gaming pc in geo filtering as I have just checked mine and it shows my ps4 and xbox1x, the only thing that immediately springs to mind is that you may have misnamed it in device manager or address reservation.

PLEASE UNTICK DUMAOS CLASSIFIED GAMES as this can cause problems if anyone else in your household or guests use another device to play a game at the same time you are gaming.

Xqm9fsn.jpg

Your welcome, any time. I noticed an immediate improvement when I disabled classified games as my wife loves playing fb games like candy crush and I think it clashed with my ps4 and xbox gaming!

• Administrators

Just FYI, your PS4 was not set to the PlayStation device type which is why it didn't automatically use the console service and instead gave you options to pick from.

Also I wouldn't say that DumaOS Classified Games would cause issues if anyone else was playing games. They can be prioritised at the same time, the bandwidth used is so low that this wouldn't cause issues for other devices. Big Dog what did you mean by this?

Just FYI, your PS4 was not set to the PlayStation device type which is why it didn't automatically use the console service and instead gave you options to pick from.

Also I wouldn't say that DumaOS Classified Games would cause issues if anyone else was playing games. They can be prioritised at the same time, the bandwidth used is so low that this wouldn't cause issues for other devices. Big Dog what did you mean by this?

When I was having issues with lag when I first purchased the XR500 I was advised to disable classified games when I was asked who else games in my house. I said nobody apart from my missus who plays a lot of fb games. When I disabled it I have had no more lag at all since. I can only go off the advice i was given at the time and it worked for me! I was having very bad hit registration at that time and I made it publically known in the forum as to my issue!

Thank you for the recommendation. On a side note I decided to take my name off of it and rename it to PS4 and now it is allowing me to do it. Not sure what the hangup is with that but it seems to be working as intended now. Thanks for the help! 

Please let us know if my suggestion to disable classified games worked for you please!

I'm looking for suggestions on my gaming settings. I primarily play Destiny 2 and a few other games but I'm looking for optimal settings.

PS4 Pro

Motorola MB8600

Netgear XR500

One question I do have is why it allows me to add my ps4 for Geo Filter but when it brings up the list it only allows me to pick from pc games? Did I somehow mess up a setting? And why is says Xbox under traffic prioritization? Any insight would be great and any recommendations. Thanks!

2e77f06e-2d9e-4e8e-8c24-612d88164ec3.png

8ce7b669-d477-48e4-8e62-9ce4c7e731cb.png

84d33064-d3ce-443f-bb52-439f5162256e.png

How do you like the MB8600 modem?

Why would it not have been set to PlayStation device type? All I did was rename it in the device setting and it was listed as a PlayStation when I had looked. It wasn't until I went into the device setting again and took out my name that it allowed me to do so. Just trying to get clarity. And thanks for any info you pass along Fraser.

• Administrators

Why would it not have been set to PlayStation device type? All I did was rename it in the device setting and it was listed as a PlayStation when I had looked. It wasn't until I went into the device setting again and took out my name that it allowed me to do so. Just trying to get clarity. And thanks for any info you pass along Fraser.

I'll have to look into that. Have you renamed the console name on the console itself?

I'll have to look into that. Have you renamed the console name on the console itself?

No I didn't rename the console to match what I named it in the router I would have figured the IP would had been the deciding factor. When I set it back to just PS4 it allowed me to go in and everything was okay. Not a big deal was just curious.