Host filtering sometimes not take effect after I enable it

I play cod with host filter on and Division with host filter off. sometimes when I got back from the division, I will have to enable hostfiltering. 

sometimes with host filtering being enable, it still connects to servers that out of radius range. all i do to make R1 applies the setting is to reboot that router which I find it most annoying. 

is there any quick fix like 'applly' button to let netduma knows that it is being stricted to matchmake servers within radius? 

Thanks 

I know what you are talking about, it happens to me too when I join a lobby, but then turn host filtering on, and then I leave it on and join a different lobby it will join maybe that same lobby or out of range lobby or lobbies again. Only way for me to fix it was rebooting my r1 & ps4 too.

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter should take affect immediately, so what might be happening here is our anti-cheat feature.

Imagine you are connected to another player and they are inside your radius, but you are losing your game. You could theoretically shrink your Geo-Filter to put them outside your radius, forcing the connection to drop. This could then boot them from the game, which is obviously cheating. So for this reason the Geo-Filter has a ~2 minute wait on a terminated connection before it blocks it, preventing cheating.

So in your case, it might be that when you boot up the game with out the Geo-Filter enabled, the servers are all allowed through and active. So when you then enable the Geo-Filter, it won't take affect as the connection is still active. Most games don't have this problem as the connection to all the different servers is unlikely to be that active, but perhaps The Division is different.

So as the guys suggested, the best solution when you want to enable your Geo-Filter is to reboot your PS4 with the filter enabled. Not ideal I know, but far better than letting it be used to cheat!