Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R1 DumaOS Briefly Delayed

• Please log in to reply
701 replies to this topic

buddy love

buddy love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 11:54 AM
  • LocationWellman College

this is not true, my connection is 500Mbps and whenever I do a speed test I get the full speed, sometimes even more.

Another thing is that you have not known how to configure your R1 correctly

You didnt read my post correctly . It does not handle speeds above 200 with congestive control on, at the desired percentage rate above 200Mbps. When I was running 200 Mbps at 90% it would run at 180 Mbps. When I upgraded to 300 speed it wouldn't run above 200 with the same 90% configuration. Hense the "speed cap" on CC. Im pretty sure thats due to the hardware limitations on the R1. Your 500Mbps speed is set on the R1 with out CC enabled and with Turbo+Super Turbo on as well. Im very familiar with the R1 and routers in general , TYVM.

I addressed this topic in another thread that i started and Netduma didnt really come up with a solution although I heard some suggestion to put another router in front of it , and was told that the 30% was a standard drop even at 99%. Others have had the same issue as well.

You can look up my thread if you dont believe me. Its one of the first things I ever posted in this forum.

RILLA au

RILLA au

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

That's not how it works. The Advertising Standards Authority nor the Consumer Rights Act cover a delay to the release of a free firmware upgrade.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop trying to stir.

They are still advertising that the VPN is functional on the R1 and it hasn't worked in over 2 years with no fix in sight.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts
  • Local time: 04:54 PM
  • LocationNear Manchester

They are still advertising that the VPN is functional on the R1 and it hasn't worked in over 2 years with no fix in sight.

The VPN on the R1 does work, I have used my P.I.A account on it!

SzMsO7f.gif   x0ahK7Dt.jpg

Daniel

Daniel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Local time: 05:54 PM
  • LocationSweden
Boys and girls take it easy i'm sure they're working hard to fix bugs and stuff have patience.

AlsaibaiH

AlsaibaiH

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Local time: 06:54 PM
  • LocationManama, Bahrain

The VPN on the R1 does work, I have used my P.I.A account on it!

cool it works for a mod, i wonder how many users it doesn't work for them no matter how many times we ask for configuration, it always glitches up and stops working.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts

cool it works for a mod, i wonder how many users it doesn't work for them no matter how many times we ask for configuration, it always glitches up and stops working.

The fact that I am a mod on this site has nothing at all to do with the fact that the VPN feature on the R1 works for me, I just know how to correctly configure a router, no matter what the manufacturer!

ChriscomIT

ChriscomIT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

The fact that I am a mod on this site has nothing at all to do with the fact that the VPN feature on the R1 works for me, I just know how to correctly configure a router, no matter what the manufacturer!

It doesn't work for me properly as well. Please stop pretending that all these things are always user configuration faults. They aren't. VPN doesn't work for me properly for over a half year after several changes on PIA side.

Same for titofuenla, it's not that we are too dumb to configure our router. It's just that not all features are supported with high bandwidth lines. And with the advertisement wording of "unlock the full potential of the R1 for the first time with DumaOS" maybe some are hoping that this limitation might not exist in DumaOS but I personally don't hold my breath to be true.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,533 posts

It doesn't work for me properly as well. Please stop pretending that all these things are always user configuration faults. They aren't. VPN doesn't work for me properly for over a half year after several changes on PIA side.

Same for titofuenla, it's not that we are too dumb to configure our router. It's just that not all features are supported with high bandwidth lines. And with the advertisement wording of "unlock the full potential of the R1 for the first time with DumaOS" maybe some are hoping that this limitation might not exist in DumaOS but I personally don't hold my breath to be true.

I am not pretending, mine works and it is not because I am a mod. If you are having trouble I am more than happy to send you the correct PIA config. 

ChriscomIT

ChriscomIT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

I am not pretending, mine works and it is not because I am a mod. If you are having trouble I am more than happy to send you the correct PIA config. 

It was not meant specifically for the VPN problem. But sometimes it just seems things get abandoned to fast with blaming the user configuration but that's OT. 

I didn't say one word about you being a mod... (instead of in the first pages in this thread where I asked if you got the XR500 4 free as a mod which you obviously did not and I am sorry for asking)

And I will happily catch you later about that config as I am on the move right now. 

Monzo

Monzo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  • Local time: 08:54 AM

I can't believe that everyone is still pissing and moaning over the R1 not getting updated. I come on here every few days just to have a laugh at all the people still complaining. Let's face it folks, they should possibly update it eventually, and if they don't, just get the DumaOS. That's what I'm doing eventually!

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 826 posts
  • LocationUK

I can't believe that everyone is still pissing and moaning over the R1 not getting updated. I come on here every few days just to have a laugh at all the people still complaining. Let's face it folks, they should possibly update it eventually, and if they don't, just get the DumaOS. That's what I'm doing eventually!

Why on earth would anyone "just get the *XR500" if we were told we're getting DumaOS on the R1 in April? That's exactly why we're here waiting for an update šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Macca61

Macca61

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 737 posts
  • LocationWarrington
I don't think there is anything to achieve posting about the OS delay
I think every argument possible has been put forward and STILL nothing has come from the Duma team. The silence is deafening, the time of the delay announcement was inexcusable, but no amount of posting is going to change the fact that is has not been released, is not likely to be released on this version of the Duma.

I far one, and I speak for myself, am not , and will not lose any sleep over it. For you guys that bought the Duma on the promise of an upgrade etc I can understand your annoyance, anger and frustration over the situation.

But it has not made ANY difference at All and we have 33 pages of nothing! Once the announcement was made the Duma team wound their necks in and battened down the hatches and have not yet come out of the bunkers.
Except to put their nice new OS on the XR500.......... :)

antithesis

antithesis

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  • Local time: 01:54 AM
  • LocationBris Vegas

I had custom configs for VPNArea then subsequently ExpressVPN working. The problem is VPN on the R1 was excruciatingly slow compared to the VPN desktop apps.

c5860zx.jpg

Punchy

Punchy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

netduma want you to buy the xr500 ; so they never update the R1 . So i will make a request to customer of my country . false publicity 

Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

No it isn't.

It's against the rules to spread false information though.

I see the Rt Reverend snuck in via the tradesmen's entrance and delivered a stealth-like 'like' to this post.

Bagsta, you miracle of modern science, how are you? I'm considering a comeback and may require your council... any gossip? PM me.

PS How 'bout those Aussie's, eh? So many 'sorry's'...And tears! Ooh how I laughed  :D

But I safely have the clam eating Gorilla joining me, and really, when a guy is so thick he has to type with a stick, what are the odds he WON'T mess something up??

Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

To my knowledge the net Duma team are a U.K. based company and market all over the world including the EU. Look Iā€™m not suggesting anything however

Oh dear, Sul. You do realise you cannot prefix a load of old cobblers with, "I'm not suggesting anything..." and then do precisely the opposite, don't you? It makes you look somewhat disingenuous.

Contradicting yourself aside, Sol, I'm intrigued as to what the thinking is behind your post? Perhaps you are going to be the figurehead and lead this amusing band of sceptics, pied piper-like, to the highest court in the land and win one for the little guy? No, probably not, eh..

Sil, next time you're tempted to tap out another little gem, and I say this purely for your edification and personal enlightenment, take a really deep breath, get control of yourself and mind your manners.

Good afternoon.

But I safely have the clam eating Gorilla joining me, and really, when a guy is so thick he has to type with a stick, what are the odds he WON'T mess something up??

Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog

• Clubhouse Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

I don't think there is anything to achieve posting about the OS delay
I think every argument possible has been put forward and STILL nothing has come from the Duma team. The silence is deafening, the time of the delay announcement was inexcusable, but no amount of posting is going to change the fact that is has not been released, is not likely to be released on this version of the Duma.

I far one, and I speak for myself, am not , and will not lose any sleep over it. For you guys that bought the Duma on the promise of an upgrade etc I can understand your annoyance, anger and frustration over the situation.

But it has not made ANY difference at All and we have 33 pages of nothing! Once the announcement was made the Duma team wound their necks in and battened down the hatches and have not yet come out of the bunkers.
Except to put their nice new OS on the XR500.......... :)

I don't disagree with anything you've said, Macca. What annoys me is some of these Oik's are blatantly calling Iain a liar. Insinuating, or flat-out saying, he's stuffing his mouth with Netgear gold and running for the hills.

IMHO, I think that's way outa line, and I'll call it when I see it.

(or until Z bans me  ;)  )

fakkel

fakkel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

8 weeks later Zzzzzzzz

KzarofBacon

KzarofBacon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Local time: 11:54 AM
  • LocationIndianapolis

I don't disagree with anything you've said, Macca. What annoys me is some of these Oik's are blatantly calling Iain a liar. Insinuating, or flat-out saying, he's stuffing his mouth with Netgear gold and running for the hills.

(or until Z bans me ;) )

ChriscomIT

ChriscomIT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationGermany

(or until Z bans me  ;)  )

Tell us the truth then almighty as you seem to be. I call out liars (never said Ian is a liar btw just citing his twitter) if they make promises over and over (just a few more weeks, everything is ready just needs backward compatibility, just to name some, ridiculous) and can't stand ANY one of them.

And it's not outta way it's the damn actual situation we are facing which was developed by Netduma themselves. We just call it out!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users