Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

R1 DumaOS Briefly Delayed

• Please log in to reply
845 replies to this topic

KzarofBacon

KzarofBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Local time: 03:56 AM

It hasn't.

It was.  He quoted me without any text from himself.  In the next comment, he put his thoughts. To be fair, most mods on other forums would have either deleted his post or edited them to a single post. 

But he did have the first post deleted.

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • Local time: 08:56 AM
  • LocationLondon, UK

It was.  He quoted me without any text from himself.  In the next comment, he put his thoughts. To be fair, most mods on other forums would have either deleted his post or edited them to a single post. 

But he did have the first post deleted.

Well it was there when I looked and it's there now, there's two post the same (except for some typos).

And after a post has been deleted, it can't be undeleted as far as I know.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

KzarofBacon

KzarofBacon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Well it was there when I looked and it's there now, there's two post the same (except for some typos).

And after a post has been deleted, it can't be undeleted as far as I know.

The post that was deleted was a post where he only quoted me but didn't add a comment.  He then posted again with his comments.  The first post, without anything but my quote, was the one deleted.

Again, most mods elsewhere would have deleted it or combined it. I'm not saying whoever took action was wrong.  I'm just pointing out that he/she/gender pronoun did, in fact, have a post deleted.

buddy love

buddy love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationWellman College

It does also state that 'new features are to come on DumaOS, just need to get the R1 done first.'  It's still coming I'm sure of that.

LOL..  "really , no shit? ,eh Ian?"

Judging the past and if Ians statement are truly the case id say the odds of that happening are slim and none and DumaOS will never get new features :)

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

The post that was deleted was a post where he only quoted me but didn't add a comment.  He then posted again with his comments.  The first post, without anything but my quote, was the one deleted.

Again, most mods elsewhere would have deleted it or combined it. I'm not saying whoever took action was wrong.  I'm just pointing out that he/she/gender pronoun did, in fact, have a post deleted.

Of course that one was deleted, it didn't have any content. I removed it because it was just a quote of the thing written directly above it. Standard procedure.

That's clearly not the post he's talking about though. He said "so I post again..." and then posted something else that he'd already said - that hadn't been deleted.

I like cats and cheese and CoD. Don't mix them up, it'll ruin your lunch and your Xbox. And your cat.

NoMoreMyFriend-S

NoMoreMyFriend-S

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local time: 09:56 AM

And here we are in June...

Did I miss the update file?

ChriscomIT

ChriscomIT

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationGermany

And here we are in June...

Did I miss the update file?

Nope, u didn't. Don't hold your breath either u will smother.

Lennyhos

Lennyhos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts
Hi Netduma Team, could you give an update on the status of DumaOS coming to the R1 please?

Thank you
Len

RILLA au

RILLA au

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

I asked the other day and was met with silence. Don't hold your breath

scooby

scooby

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
Sorry done the same again, quoted then replied. Colonic I can assure you both my quote post and my reply were deleted thats why I posted again. Then when I saw your reply saying it wasnt I checked back, and suprise it had miraculously appeared again.
I still havent had a reply to my post though.

Sal

Sal

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
To my knowledge the net Duma team are a U.K. based company and market all over the world including the EU. Look I’m not suggesting anything however when reading about false advertising the practice we’ve endured as consumers are within the realms of false advertising. Especially with the dead silence recently.

For anyone who is interested: In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. ... EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States... Careful guys people could have claims...

ColonicBoom

ColonicBoom

mum said i'm special

• Moderators
  • 3,061 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

POPULAR

To my knowledge the net Duma team are a U.K. based company and market all over the world including the EU. Look I’m not suggesting anything however when reading about false advertising the practice we’ve endured as consumers are within the realms of false advertising. Especially with the dead silence recently.

For anyone who is interested: In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. ... EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States... Careful guys people could have claims...

That's not how it works. The Advertising Standards Authority nor the Consumer Rights Act cover a delay to the release of a free firmware upgrade.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop trying to stir.

buddy love

buddy love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I sold my R1 on eBay for what I paid for it (it was used from eBay). I had it for about 60 days. It never met my needs due to speed cap on the CC which seems to function accurately up to about 200Mbps. My issue was (and still is) that I was going to buy one of these new and the April DumaOS upgrade was a key reason why. Finding one used at a great price was fantastic but If I would have purchased new I would have twice as aggravated.

Still I was curious about DumaOS so I purchased an XR500 (I feel so dirty) for a very nice price locally, at nearly the cost of a new R1.

After using it for 24 hours I am happy with it as it supports my 300/35 connection at near 100% speeds with QOS on and Buffer bloat very much under control. It has some nice features. If this was Netdumas original intentions for DumaOS I will admit that this was done very nicely. The DumaOS on the XR500 will never run well on the R1 but perhaps a lite version could.

TBH I believe that Netduma originally had good intentions about releasing DumasOS to the R1. I'm not sure why they are not up front about what is going on.

fakkel

fakkel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts

I am sending my Netduma R1 back, I maybe swap it for an XR500 or I just keep my money in my pocket because the NetdumaOS is not going to happen anytime soon, and the OS was a really big reason why I bought the device in the first place, new features and bug fixes aka the new NetdumaOS.

adelజ్ఞ

adelజ్ఞ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 1 posts

not sure why they keep banning me... a customer.. this is clearly an abuse of power.

buddy love

buddy love

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

not sure why they keep banning me... a customer.. this is clearly an abuse of power.

Madness !!!

Typhoon79

Typhoon79

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

That's not how it works. The Advertising Standards Authority nor the Consumer Rights Act cover a delay to the release of a free firmware upgrade.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop trying to stir.

not saying you're not correct Colonic, but in some EU countries, misleading/false advertisement is illegal (haven't checked for delay clauses,but i'm not aware of any), and Netduma is clearly using DumaOS as a selling point on netduma.com. so maybe they should consider changing that or at least come clean about about this issue at hand.

They have endless time to respond on various social media accounts, but fails to use their own platform. to be honest i'm dissapointed like 90% in this forum. but yet the product i bought is still working just fine without DumaOS, and from the social media answers they give it seems it's a bigger handfull to get it done and released. That makes the opening post less trustworthy.

An i believe until the come clean with an update this madness will continue !

Enjoy the summer in stead Guys/Girls  :)

PUBzZz

PUBzZz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Time for an update do you think

titofuenla

titofuenla

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Locationspain!!

. It never met my needs due to speed cap on the CC which seems to function accurately up to about 200Mbps. 

this is not true, my connection is 500Mbps and whenever I do a speed test I get the full speed, sometimes even more.

Another thing is that you have not known how to configure your R1 correctly

It does not rain eternally ;)

nickmesa2005

nickmesa2005

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 4 posts
  • Local time: 02:56 AM

That moment when "Moderators" delete your post because you tell the truth and say the company treats its customers like Trash...

No wonder NO MLG GAMER is or wants to be associated with the company!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users