R1 DumaOS Briefly Delayed

Netduma Luke

A guy I know through GTA Online had a personal conversation with IAiN about the Netduma OS and the NetdumaR!.

Iain: ''where on Netduma.com does it say dumaos comes on the R1 you buy? It doesn't and the R1 software alone is a bargain.

I've worked too hard to accept nonsense narrative. We are very generously offering you dumaos for free because we are the NetdumaArmy

The R1 is a great router with amazing software. That is what the customer bought".

My GTA online guy replied: Are you for real? You advertised with it on the Netduma webpage, written underneath the R1 and above, you advertised with it on your roadmap, on Youtube, you used it as your main sale point, so you have to deliver it! We didn't advertise and made money because of it, that was you. You quickly removed everything about the DumaOS in combination with the R1 but I made pictures of your pages (and I can tell you it was huge, almost disgusting if you think about it now years later and see what have gotten, nothing) and you need to deliver it now because it was as much part of the Netduma sale points as the Beat the Lag was and therefore the product I bought misses a huge piece, the whole promised OS. Without the advertised Netduma OS for the R1 people would have never paid 200+, never. You literally said the Netduma maybe has some older hardware but will not become obsolete on the contrary it will have a great future with an amazing roadmap and a whole new OS that adds but also fixes problems (2.5 years ago!!!). You false advertised and mislead people for more then 2 years and then you call it just something extra. Iain continued: Other people in the field think Netduma is stupid to do so (giving so much for free and put so much effort into it), uuuuuh hello?! That was your idea, not ours and that was your Netduma R1 number one sales point, that is why you sold the old hardware in the first place.

I am not picking a side I love the XR500 though, I just wrote down what happened

I've seen nothing in the 41 pages here that would lead me to believe that this isn't true.  It's almost a rehash of Ian's tweets 'they're getting it for free, they should just shut up'.

Oh I made wrong choice i just bought R1 and it arrived today...Sadly

Send it straight back and don't re order until they deliver what they've been promising for the last 2 years.

People they promised an update for the R1 almost 2 years ago. We stayed with them pumped up the company and got screwed. If really they are removing old post then, There you have it. We were used as pawns for the the bigger fish (netgear)

I  just got a message from Jack that I should just wait out the problems that I am currently experiencing with my Netduma because the NetdumaOS should release anytime now.

ill be honest I dont think it will as they are getting streamers to promote the XR500

Today marks the 100th day of the 'Brief Delay'

The Netduma OS 865 days delayed

how well you know how to count! Give him a lollipop that he earned it !!  :D  :D  :lol:  :lol:

It could also be 849, 839, 851 I forgot. I mean so many days have passed it is hard to keep track, but maybe lollipop can help me focus on the more important things than an exact date, oooh yeah the fact that we are waiting over 2+ years!

"Reminder: Attempting to incite disharmony in the forum can result in a ban."

forgives? I am not insulting anyone or inciting anything, I just try to put a bit of humor between so much fustration, if you do not have a sense of humor it's not my fault.

You from what I see of your old in the forum (new account of 3 weeks) if it should be one of those that incite hatred and disharmony and put a ban and now returns with a desire to retaliate and try to suffer the rest what they did to you (this is a theory). Otherwise, I would advise you to laugh a little more and do not try to hurt anyone just by laughing.  ;)

forgives? I am not insulting anyone or inciting anything, I just try to put a bit of humor between so much fustration, if you do not have a sense of humor it's not my fault.

You from what I see of your old in the forum (new account of 3 weeks) if it should be one of those that incite hatred and disharmony and put a ban and now returns with a desire to retaliate and try to suffer the rest what they did to you (this is a theory). Otherwise, I would advise you to laugh a little more and do not try to hurt anyone just by laughing.  ;)

You are deliberately antagonising people, and sweet of you to do some research. My account was actually mistakenly marked as spam and was dutifully reinstated thanks to the mods on here.

You are deliberately antagonising people, and sweet of you to do some research. My account was actually mistakenly marked as spam and was dutifully reinstated thanks to the mods on here.

Look sorry but I will not go into his game, the only one who is looking for controversy right now is you and I will not give foot to it. I repeat that if you do not have a sense of humor it is not my fault. If you want to discuss, look for someone else because you will not get it with me.

by the way, sure it was an "error" what your account and it was not bad that I publish, for sure ... you just have to read some comments to see that everyone here is very cordial ...

Greetings and I hope that you recover your sense of humor soon, it is very important in this life

A guy I know through GTA Online had a personal conversation with IAiN about the Netduma OS and the NetdumaR!.

Iain: ''where on Netduma.com does it say dumaos comes on the R1 you buy? It doesn't and the R1 software alone is a bargain.

I've worked too hard to accept nonsense narrative. We are very generously offering you dumaos for free because we are the NetdumaArmy

The R1 is a great router with amazing software. That is what the customer bought".

My GTA online guy replied: Are you for real? You advertised with it on the Netduma webpage, written underneath the R1 and above, you advertised with it on your roadmap, on Youtube, you used it as your main sale point, so you have to deliver it! We didn't advertise and made money because of it, that was you. You quickly removed everything about the DumaOS in combination with the R1 but I made pictures of your pages (and I can tell you it was huge, almost disgusting if you think about it now years later and see what have gotten, nothing) and you need to deliver it now because it was as much part of the Netduma sale points as the Beat the Lag was and therefore the product I bought misses a huge piece, the whole promised OS. Without the advertised Netduma OS for the R1 people would have never paid 200+, never. You literally said the Netduma maybe has some older hardware but will not become obsolete on the contrary it will have a great future with an amazing roadmap and a whole new OS that adds but also fixes problems (2.5 years ago!!!). You false advertised and mislead people for more then 2 years and then you call it just something extra. Iain continued: Other people in the field think Netduma is stupid to do so (giving so much for free and put so much effort into it), uuuuuh hello?! That was your idea, not ours and that was your Netduma R1 number one sales point, that is why you sold the old hardware in the first place.

I am not picking a side I love the XR500 though, I just wrote down what happened

That's really not what have been said and he never talk like that !!! Your supposed friend didn't understood what was said and why it was said !!! I know because i was on this post just like on other posts !!! Now i know you guys are all tired of waiting...some of you also think that the R1 can't handle Duma Os... Ah Ah Ah Funny as fuck... now you guys don't understand how things working so i'll clarify... YES the R1 is strong enough to handle Duma Os !!! Yes they builded it on the R1 before testing it on other routers and if you guys followed everything around Duma Os you should know that the first way they wrote it was causing a bit of troubles so Iain rewrote it to even better performances and stability !!! Then they made the Netgear deal to let money in so they can afford the big money investment they made !!! Now since they had to rewrote the whole Duma Os they had to do the same for the R1 and test it so when we'll be able to get it we will be satisfied and will work as expected and even better !!! On the tweet your friend talked you about... Iain was doin a huge stress test on the R1 with the Duma Os on it and he was faking 250 devices running at the same time !!! So between me and you guys... don't ya all think that if a router can handle 250 devices at the same time simultaneously it definitly doin an awesome freakin job ?!? It's Duma Os on the R1 guys...not the XR !!! As i already said to some people complaining like hell madness... Yep they made mistakes... like everybody else...ya know why ??... cuz we all humans and we all learning each and every days of our lifes !!! Don't blame others especially if ya never made the same things or better things than them !!! Remember that we humans all have flaws and we ain't havin the same flaws as others and or at the same time so would ya like that everytime you weak or doin mistakes or wrong moves...that then everybody bein complaining about yaaa ??? Hell noooo !!! So stop complaining and wait !!! It changes nothin except you loosin energy on something that don't deserve it and at the extreme it becomes a huge shit load of stress and bad feelings for those who works for us... wich don't help the job getting done !!! So a couple days ago it was almost done completely so keep patience guys that's commin !!! And at worst...even if at the end you the negatives ones are right...what will happen then...ya'll only bein right about a sad thing and...nothin more...so just stay positive and optimistic guys it can only help and complaining ain't gonna change things soon or later !!! Take care ARMY... Peeeaace !!!

I bought the xr500 and was very excited to plug in and get it going but it didnt work as I expected. My bufferbloat was bad my ping was fluctuating quite high when testing using ping plotter. I try moving the sliders around and it just wouldn't stop the ping spikes or bufferbloat . I have an arris modem 6183 maybe the two just dont get along very well I dont know. My bufferbloat is so much better when plugging my PC directly to the modem I actually get a A A A+ for the bufferbloat so I know it's not my line quality or my isp. I'm gonna keep on messing with the settings tonight if I cant fix it it's going back to the store. I bought the xr500 to see if dumaos was better than the R1 as far as the bufferbloat and ping spikes they are both about the same for me actually the r1 gave me better results . I also purchase the edgerouter x and that thing is amazing when you turn on sqm it's the only router that has kept my bufferbloat and ping spikes to a minimum. I wreally as hoping the xr500 with the dual core 1.7ghz cpu was as good or better than the edgerouter x but it's wasnt. I think maybe the xr500 hasn't been optimized yet, after all its netduma first time dealing with 2 core cpu and 5ghz wireless band and other specs the r1 never had for now most likely xr500 it's going back to the store.

I'll tell you something, they lost the confidence they had from consumers who will never recover.

What takes so long to build, they lay down in a short time.

It's time to move on, and with the arrival of the dedicated servers on the consoles, Geo-Filter will become obsolete, and I want to see what the future of the Netduma Company will be.

Yeah they also told me that it wasn't the XR500 and that the tests they run with it were a lot better than with the NetumaR1 and I don't understand that is possible, I tried 2 different XR500 and later one of a friend and I always had the same problems, I went back to the Netduma nothing, I then tried the Netgear Nighthawk x10 R9000 and the X6 R8000 and I didn't have a single problem. I even changed my Modem, I reset everything, disconnected every single device, I connected everything from fresh and the XR500 has giving me nothing then bufferbloat, bad ping and disconnects. I tried the last firmware that was given out here personally by Fraser to help with disconnects, still nothing. I have no time for this testing, but I had to! I just couldn't believe I was wrong and Netduma was right, but I see more and more people having problems with the XR500, very bad problems, so I can at least close this case.

I bought the xr500 and was very excited to plug in and get it going but it didnt work as I expected. My bufferbloat was bad my ping was fluctuating quite high when testing using ping plotter. I try moving the sliders around and it just wouldn't stop the ping spikes or bufferbloat . I have an arris modem 6183 maybe the two just dont get along very well I dont know. My bufferbloat is so much better when plugging my PC directly to the modem I actually get a A A A+ for the bufferbloat so I know it's not my line quality or my isp. I'm gonna keep on messing with the settings tonight if I cant fix it it's going back to the store. I bought the xr500 to see if dumaos was better than the R1 as far as the bufferbloat and ping spikes they are both about the same for me actually the r1 gave me better results . I also purchase the edgerouter x and that thing is amazing when you turn on sqm it's the only router that has kept my bufferbloat and ping spikes to a minimum. I wreally as hoping the xr500 with the dual core 1.7ghz cpu was as good or better than the edgerouter x but it's wasnt. I think maybe the xr500 hasn't been optimized yet, after all its netduma first time dealing with 2 core cpu and 5ghz wireless band and other specs the r1 never had for now most likely xr500 it's going back to the store.

What's up !!! First thing first hommie if plugged directly you only have A A and A+ your line is not that good !!! Secondly... you are on a cable line...it will never be perfect on cable lines since you always suffer from the huge congestion on their cable lines...wich result in lags and spikes !!! So yep your bad quality comes from your isp line and not from the router !!! It does that on each and every cable lines we tested !!! You now have 2 choices...change isp for a ftth or a fttn (aka vdsl2) type of line for way much more stability and way less stress on their lines or you can search for a top notch modem that ya'll have to buy to try to overpass the cable line type troubles !!! No intel chipset in it... a Broadcomm chipset is what ya want !!! Not sure if it's the same in your country but here in Quebec Canada they've implemented docsis 3.1 wich is able to deal with 32 chanels and made for higher than 120mb/s... isp's also warn that the old docsis 3.0 still can handle it but is now obsolete so all new customers since January 2018 should receive docsis 3.1 modem for higher than 100mb/s !!! So maybe you can look for that !!! I'm not sure if it will really change the congestion problem cable isps have but it surely will help for better speed and more stability since it will use the new channels over the old overcongestioned ones so there should be less trafic on thoses channels resulting in less spikes and lags !!! Still then it also depends on the chipset in the modem or aio you'll have !!! So still i suggest changing line type for ftth or fttn aka vdsl2 as first and best option...if you can't for whatever the reason you should take a look at docsis 3.1 things since it is the only option that could help on a cable line !!! If they not there yet maybe try a better docsis 3.0 modem !!! Just a lil reminder...if you also have a home phone line and or a tv line with your internet it will cause spikes and lags as it often comunicate and on the same overcongestioned line...and even for that aspect i don't know yet if docsis 3.1 will help with that too !!! Take care... Peeeaace !!!

What's up !!! First thing first hommie if plugged directly you only have A A and A+ your line is not that good !!! Secondly... you are on a cable line...it will never be perfect on cable lines since you always suffer from the huge congestion on their cable lines...wich result in lags and spikes !!! So yep your bad quality comes from your isp line and not from the router !!! It does that on each and every cable lines we tested !!! You now have 2 choices...change isp for a ftth or a fttn (aka vdsl2) type of line for way much more stability and way less stress on their lines or you can search for a top notch modem that ya'll have to buy to try to overpass the cable line type troubles !!! No intel chipset in it... a Broadcomm chipset is what ya want !!! Not sure if it's the same in your country but here in Quebec Canada they've implemented docsis 3.1 wich is able to deal with 32 chanels and made for higher than 120mb/s... isp's also warn that the old docsis 3.0 still can handle it but is now obsolete so all new customers since January 2018 should receive docsis 3.1 modem for higher than 100mb/s !!! So maybe you can look for that !!! I'm not sure if it will really change the congestion problem cable isps have but it surely will help for better speed and more stability since it will use the new channels over the old overcongestioned ones so there should be less trafic on thoses channels resulting in less spikes and lags !!! Still then it also depends on the chipset in the modem or aio you'll have !!! So still i suggest changing line type for ftth or fttn aka vdsl2 as first and best option...if you can't for whatever the reason you should take a look at docsis 3.1 things since it is the only option that could help on a cable line !!! If they not there yet maybe try a better docsis 3.0 modem !!! Just a lil reminder...if you also have a home phone line and or a tv line with your internet it will cause spikes and lags as it often comunicate and on the same overcongestioned line...and even for that aspect i don't know yet if docsis 3.1 will help with that too !!! Take care... Peeeaace !!!