R1 DumaOS Briefly Delayed

Netduma Luke

Sorry done the same again, quoted then replied. Colonic I can assure you both my quote post and my reply were deleted thats why I posted again. Then when I saw your reply saying it wasnt I checked back, and suprise it had miraculously appeared again.

I still havent had a reply to my post though.

To my knowledge the net Duma team are a U.K. based company and market all over the world including the EU. Look I’m not suggesting anything however when reading about false advertising the practice we’ve endured as consumers are within the realms of false advertising. Especially with the dead silence recently.

For anyone who is interested: In particular this Act protects consumers from misleading advertisements and ensures that trade is fair. Under the Act it is an offence for an advertiser/trader to make false claims about goods, services or prices. ... EU laws also ensure that misleading advertising is forbidden in all Member States... Careful guys people could have claims...

I sold my R1 on eBay for what I paid for it (it was used from eBay). I had it for about 60 days. It never met my needs due to speed cap on the CC which seems to function accurately up to about 200Mbps. My issue was (and still is) that I was going to buy one of these new and the April DumaOS upgrade was a key reason why. Finding one used at a great price was fantastic but If I would have purchased new I would have twice as aggravated.

Still I was curious about DumaOS so I purchased an XR500 (I feel so dirty) for a very nice price locally, at nearly the cost of a new R1.

After using it for 24 hours I am happy with it as it supports my 300/35 connection at near 100% speeds with QOS on and Buffer bloat very much under control. It has some nice features. If this was Netdumas original intentions for DumaOS I will admit that this was done very nicely. The DumaOS on the XR500 will never run well on the R1 but perhaps a lite version could.

TBH I believe that Netduma originally had good intentions about releasing DumasOS to the R1. I'm not sure why they are not up front about what is going on.

I am sending my Netduma R1 back, I maybe swap it for an XR500 or I just keep my money in my pocket because the NetdumaOS is not going to happen anytime soon, and the OS was a really big reason why I bought the device in the first place, new features and bug fixes aka the new NetdumaOS.

That's not how it works. The Advertising Standards Authority nor the Consumer Rights Act cover a delay to the release of a free firmware upgrade.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop trying to stir.

not saying you're not correct Colonic, but in some EU countries, misleading/false advertisement is illegal (haven't checked for delay clauses,but i'm not aware of any), and Netduma is clearly using DumaOS as a selling point on netduma.com. so maybe they should consider changing that or at least come clean about about this issue at hand.

They have endless time to respond on various social media accounts, but fails to use their own platform. to be honest i'm dissapointed like 90% in this forum. but yet the product i bought is still working just fine without DumaOS, and from the social media answers they give it seems it's a bigger handfull to get it done and released. That makes the opening post less trustworthy.

An i believe until the come clean with an update this madness will continue !

Enjoy the summer in stead Guys/Girls  :)

. It never met my needs due to speed cap on the CC which seems to function accurately up to about 200Mbps. 

this is not true, my connection is 500Mbps and whenever I do a speed test I get the full speed, sometimes even more.

Another thing is that you have not known how to configure your R1 correctly

this is not true, my connection is 500Mbps and whenever I do a speed test I get the full speed, sometimes even more.

Another thing is that you have not known how to configure your R1 correctly

You didnt read my post correctly . It does not handle speeds above 200 with congestive control on, at the desired percentage rate above 200Mbps. When I was running 200 Mbps at 90% it would run at 180 Mbps. When I upgraded to 300 speed it wouldn't run above 200 with the same 90% configuration. Hense the "speed cap" on CC. Im pretty sure thats due to the hardware limitations on the R1. Your 500Mbps speed is set on the R1 with out CC enabled and with Turbo+Super Turbo on as well. Im very familiar with the R1 and routers in general , TYVM.

I addressed this topic in another thread that i started and Netduma didnt really come up with a solution although I heard some suggestion to put another router in front of it , and was told that the 30% was a standard drop even at 99%. Others have had the same issue as well.

You can look up my thread if you dont believe me. Its one of the first things I ever posted in this forum.

That's not how it works. The Advertising Standards Authority nor the Consumer Rights Act cover a delay to the release of a free firmware upgrade.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop trying to stir.

They are still advertising that the VPN is functional on the R1 and it hasn't worked in over 2 years with no fix in sight.

cool it works for a mod, i wonder how many users it doesn't work for them no matter how many times we ask for configuration, it always glitches up and stops working.

The fact that I am a mod on this site has nothing at all to do with the fact that the VPN feature on the R1 works for me, I just know how to correctly configure a router, no matter what the manufacturer!

The fact that I am a mod on this site has nothing at all to do with the fact that the VPN feature on the R1 works for me, I just know how to correctly configure a router, no matter what the manufacturer!

It doesn't work for me properly as well. Please stop pretending that all these things are always user configuration faults. They aren't. VPN doesn't work for me properly for over a half year after several changes on PIA side.

Same for titofuenla, it's not that we are too dumb to configure our router. It's just that not all features are supported with high bandwidth lines. And with the advertisement wording of "unlock the full potential of the R1 for the first time with DumaOS" maybe some are hoping that this limitation might not exist in DumaOS but I personally don't hold my breath to be true.

It doesn't work for me properly as well. Please stop pretending that all these things are always user configuration faults. They aren't. VPN doesn't work for me properly for over a half year after several changes on PIA side.

Same for titofuenla, it's not that we are too dumb to configure our router. It's just that not all features are supported with high bandwidth lines. And with the advertisement wording of "unlock the full potential of the R1 for the first time with DumaOS" maybe some are hoping that this limitation might not exist in DumaOS but I personally don't hold my breath to be true.

I am not pretending, mine works and it is not because I am a mod. If you are having trouble I am more than happy to send you the correct PIA config. 

I am not pretending, mine works and it is not because I am a mod. If you are having trouble I am more than happy to send you the correct PIA config. 

It was not meant specifically for the VPN problem. But sometimes it just seems things get abandoned to fast with blaming the user configuration but that's OT. 

I didn't say one word about you being a mod... (instead of in the first pages in this thread where I asked if you got the XR500 4 free as a mod which you obviously did not and I am sorry for asking)

And I will happily catch you later about that config as I am on the move right now. 

I can't believe that everyone is still pissing and moaning over the R1 not getting updated. I come on here every few days just to have a laugh at all the people still complaining. Let's face it folks, they should possibly update it eventually, and if they don't, just get the DumaOS. That's what I'm doing eventually!