R1 DumaOS Briefly Delayed

Netduma Luke

Lol at all the netduma Kool aid drinkers. People are upset about false promises, missed deadlines, no new up dates.

Plus you have no idea who bought the R1 thinking the Duma OS was coming.

TBH, i think netduma should give a Full refund to any customers who bought the R1 after the announcement of the dumaOS if they wanted one.

I mean let's say you bought a house with free flooring upgrades, but then when you moved you realize you have the standard carpet, linoleum tile. Are you going to be happy then or even 2 years down the road when you have not received your "free upgrade"?

It's highly possible that the Duma OS were people's deciding factor when choosing to buy New router.

Anyway you guys need to understand what people are really complaining about.

I guarantee you if netduma said the Duma OS was not coming to the R1 when it was first announced no one would be complaining about it any more.

LoL, uh, No!

uh yes! That analogy is spot on!!!

Funny thing is I can flash my Asus and NG routers to several other firmwares and when there has been an issue with not being able to flash it back to stock, the dev would make an a new .img file a couple of days later and boom! Back to stock.

I wonder why the Duma team can not do this? 

You both have the same router you originally paid for. Did you buy it because you wanted the new OS that wasn't even created yet? If so, you only have yourself to blame.  You realize Duma OS is entirely new, correct?  NetDuma is would be well within their rights to make us all pay for the new OS.  They didn't make us pay because we have been with them from the start with the R1.  As their development of the product improved they have passed those improvements on to us for free multiple times. You people act like these guys are a huge multi-national corporation.  Well guess what,  if they were a huge multi-national corporation they would have made you pay for the new OS. On an international level it is us Americans who are always portrayed as the childish ones and you European folk were supposed to be all next level reasonable and mature ...turns out whiney child adults are a worldwide problem.  Go cry to your mammies

I use different routers, to be honest. I just have this router still because I want to test DumaOS since the last 2 years and at the moment playing with it to report all the bugs, original OS has for me. My friend already sold his.

uh yes! That analogy is spot on!!!

Funny thing is I can flash my Asus and NG routers to several other firmwares and when there has been an issue with not being able to flash it back to stock, the dev would make an a new .img file a couple of days later and boom! Back to stock.

I wonder why the Duma team can not do this? 

I think that is a topic someone brought up once, making the software available to download / upgrade any router. But I think they decided not to do it or allow it, because it would be too costly for the dev's to test it on different routers.

I think that is a topic someone brought up once, making the software available to download / upgrade any router. But I think they decided not to do it or allow it, because it would be too costly for the dev's to test it on different routers.

AS far as I am aware Netduma consists of 8 people, they are a small software company, creating their software to run on multiple platforms with differing chipsets would take a lot of man power to create which they just do not have.

AS far as I am aware Netduma consists of 8 people, they are a small software company, creating their software to run on multiple platforms with differing chipsets would take a lot of man power to create which they just do not have.

Exactly. It would cost a lot of money and work and imagine all the people asking for help on dozens of different routers. This is not Lede or DD-WRT. Sure, Iain is Godzilla to DD-WRT's Kong!

The other firmware I was refering to are one man teams and do it on the side.  So I was just wondering what actually makes it different?  I would think it has something to do with the OG firmware or the R1's hardware.

Exactly. It would cost a lot of money and work and imagine all the people asking for help on dozens of different routers. This is not Lede or DD-WRT. Sure, Iain is Godzilla to DD-WRT's Kong!

From what I heard LEDE cake QoS is better than the Duma OS Qos and that was coming from a NG Duma OS beta tester.

The other firmware I was refering to are one man teams and do it on the side.  So I was just wondering what actually makes it different?  I would think it has something to do with the OG firmware or the R1's hardware.

From what I heard LEDE cake QoS is better than the Duma OS Qos and that was coming from a NG Duma OS beta tester.

When I said Netduma consisted of 8 people, that is the whole company, they have 1 software dev that I know of who writes the software .

As for Lede, it is a great software to use, the qos is good also. I have used lede in conjunction with the R1 as I value the geo filtering and ping assist which seperates themselves from other router companies. I prefer to just use the XR500 now!

When I said Netduma consisted of 8 people, that is the whole company, they have 1 software dev that I know of who writes the software .

As for Lede, it is a great software to use, the qos is good also. I have used lede in conjunction with the R1 as I value the geo filtering and ping assist which seperates themselves from other router companies. I prefer to just use the XR500 now!

We are all about that #XR500Life

all one has to do is read this thread to know I may be on to something. You mods are doing a great job avoiding calling out the babies for what they are and staying professional. How's your secret copy of DumaOS treating you :ph34r:   

#notfair #mamasaidso

They don't call me Colonic 'Diplomacy' Boom for nothing my friend.

So secret that I don't have it  -_-

The other firmware I was refering to are one man teams and do it on the side. So I was just wondering what actually makes it different?  I would think it has something to do with the OG firmware or the R1's hardware.

You mean Merlin ?

No disrespect to him, his firmware is great, but it's a customised version of AsusWRT stock.

They don't call me Colonic 'Diplomacy' Boom for nothing my friend.

So secret that I don't have it  -_-

You mean Merlin ?

No disrespect to him, his firmware is great, but it's a customised version of AsusWRT stock.

Not just Merlin but all the third party firmware developers, like Voxel, Merlin, DD WRT, Tomato, kong, etc.  I think Voxel mentioned that the Duma OS was not built from the ground up but built from OpenSSL using stream boost for QoS.

Not just Merlin but all the third party firmware developers, like Voxel, Merlin, DD WRT, Tomato, kong, etc.  I think Voxel mentioned that the Duma OS was not built from the ground up but built from OpenSSL using stream boost for QoS.

I only know about Merlin really, I used to use Tomato and a couple of others but I haven't looked at them for a long time.

I just pointed out to Mr "Herr Papa" (for the 101st time) that this is a ENGLISH section of the forum, Head on over to the French section if you want to comment in french.

http://forum.netduma.com/forum/21-netduma-fran%C3%A7ais/

My post gets deleted for pointing that out. 

But violating the forum guidelines again and again by commenting in your own non English language, That's perfectly fine?

Nothing is free, the hardware only costs $70 to buy - I'm sure it was cheaper in bulk - and I bought the R1 at $240 years ago... That's paying $170 for software that hasn't been upgraded in 3 years that doesn't work properly.

Yeah i almost forgot about the broken proxy function that suggests to use a premium service that i signed up to and continue to pay for whilst waiting patiently for a promised fix to the software so that i can use it for what its intended to do.