Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Optimizing for two consoles (One ps4 slower than other)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Munch.Abe

Munch.Abe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 PM

Hi 

So my brother & I both use our consoles (ps4) simultaneously. He plays SFV and I play R6 Siege; every time we do so one of us lags and the other has decent ping (in siege I get around 20-30 ping [there are ping spikes that make it difficult to play]) I understand SFV uses P2P, but it's also noticeable when streaming video. The quality goes down briefly, but then goes back up and this happens many times. 

Just wondering what could I possibly do to get far more consistency with the connection. 

The anti-buffer is at 65/65

both our consoles are prioritized

geo-filter is set to spectate for him and filter for myself

UPnP is on

Static ips

etc...

Perhaps it's something else.

Anyway thanks!

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,444 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 AM

Hi, welcome to the forum!

Your settings seem great - if you've got an open NAT even better. What rang alarm bells for me is that you say you've got ping spikes - those are usually indicative of issues on your line / upstream equipment. That could be the best place to start improving your connection.

I'd recommend running a Pingplotter test (with and without the XR500 connected). That'll give you a clear indication of how bad your ping spikes / jitter is, and any other problems on your line. It could lead to you getting a new modem which can often fix these issues, or new Ethernet cables etc. I'd recommend posting the results here so we can break them down and give you advice! Thanks.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

Munch.Abe

Munch.Abe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 10:02 PM

Attached File  1.1.1.1.png   171.68KB   0 downloads

Attached File  pingplotter.jpg   723.11KB   0 downloads

Attached File  www.google.com.jpg   877.51KB   0 downloads

Thanks for the hasty reply! 

So I ran the pingplotter test with different targets, this was with the XR500 connected. Each test was about ~10 min.

I did check the upstream levels for my modem just to make sure and it was at optimal levels. Not too sure what to make of it. Though I do run only 150mb DL and considering how many devices I have it could very well be that, but again not too positive on that,

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 370 posts
  • Local time: 06:02 AM
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Could you prioritise just one console instead of both and see if it improves. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users