Can’t get open nat type

So I hooked up my xr500 it switched ips on xr500 so it didn’t interfere with my Verizon modern/router. I can’t get in game open nat type. I had DMZ host for ps4 didn’t work. Then I changed it an on to upnp an it changed for a split second but I clicked off an now it’s back to moderate. Idk if I’m doing something wrong but having the hardest time with it. I’ve restarted routers. Unplugged my PlayStation after shutting it off I’m at a loss

hi

make sure ps4 is powered off. Go to WAN options and click "open" under nat filtering, save changes and then reboot ps4. Also make sure  upnp is disabled on your verizon router (also while your ps4 is turned off) as you may be getting conflicts.

• Netduma Staff

So I hooked up my xr500 it switched ips on xr500 so it didn’t interfere with my Verizon modern/router. I can’t get in game open nat type. I had DMZ host for ps4 didn’t work. Then I changed it an on to upnp an it changed for a split second but I clicked off an now it’s back to moderate. Idk if I’m doing something wrong but having the hardest time with it. I’ve restarted routers. Unplugged my PlayStation after shutting it off I’m at a loss

Hi, welcome to the forum! Could you please let us know which modem you're using and if there are any other routers in your setup? Is your setup Modem > XR500 > All Devices?

Thanks!

Hey jack thanks.. I’m using the xr500 but the Verizon router is the original modem/router from my internet provider to use but so I have the the xr500 hooked into that getting my internet an then the ps4 plugged into the xr500. An that’s it

• Netduma Staff

I'd recommend following the suggestion above. Since this is a moderate in-game NAT rather than console NAT, I'd also recommend putting your console on Spectating Mode while the console is booting up. Only put the Geo-Filter into Filtering Mode when you are on the game multiplayer menu. It could well be that Filtering Mode is causing your moderate in-game NAT.

Let us know how you get on :)

Good news guys it worked I put my isp in dmz in my modem/router from my internet provider as well. Thanks so much pollutionblues an jack for all the help an info. Much appreciated

Pleased you’ve got it sorted!

• Netduma Staff

Good news guys it worked I put my isp in dmz in my modem/router from my internet provider as well. Thanks so much pollutionblues an jack for all the help an info. Much appreciated

Awesome to hear! Let us know if you have any more questions or issues, we're happy to help :)

• 2 years later...
  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, Gymboy1988 said:

I have nat type open on my normal modem if i play without the netgear... When i play with netgear that it says moderate i dont know what to doo 👀👀

Get the XR WAN IP from the System Information page and put that in the modem DMZ function and you'll have an Open NAT.