Lagging in every cod I play

Blacc-Kokaine

When I play any cod it lags and makes my player move slow and freeze for a split second. When I dont use the netduma r1 the game plays better and my ping never gets better or worse with either of the internet products.

When playing with the netduma r1.....

Netduma r1 is in DNA

Bandwidth set at 250/12 (that's what I get from the provider)

Anti-Flood set at 70/70

Device Prioritisation is checked

Ps4 is in Hyper-Traffic

Upnp is checked

Ipv6 is disabled on WAN and LAN

PS4 IN DHCP Lease

In the Miscellaneous Settings I have

Allow auto feedback checked

Allow remote access checked

Enable Cookies checked

Turbo Mode checked

(That's all that's checked)

Cloud settings

Enable auto cloud checked

Bleeding edge cloud checked

It's the r1 and not my cable modem. When I play with the cable modem by itself I have no problems. When I play with netduma r1 my ping never gets better than 30ms (thats the same ping I get with my cable modem) and I lag and freeze all the time. I get a A+ on DSLREPORT WITH my cable modem and with the netduma r1 I get a A

Have you set your geo filter to the correct location to where you live and set ping assist values also?    I have deleted your identical post to this 1 as theres no need to create multiple threads for the same issue!

I have no problem with the geo filter. Everything seems to be good until the match in cod starts. When I start to run it lags and freezes and when I walk it slows down a lot like I'm in slow motion. I thought it was my controller until I started playing without the r1 and everything got better. My ping speed is always at 25-40ms with or without the r1

It has nothing to do with the game itself, it's the r1 like I said. Everyone keep saying that it's cod but when I use my cable modem by itself there's no problem and the game plays good. It's like I'm rubberbanding or something with the r1.

• Netduma Staff

It has nothing to do with the game itself, it's the r1 like I said. Everyone keep saying that it's cod but when I use my cable modem by itself there's no problem and the game plays good. It's like I'm rubberbanding or something with the r1.

Welcome to the forum! So there's a few things to bear in mind when diagnosing lag:

The first point I'd make is that the Netduma acts just like a standard router if the Geo-Filter is disabled. Being that this is the case, standard routers can't be to blame for lag issues unless there's a configuration issue or the router is faulty. With your ping it doesn't sound like the router is faulty - I'm confident your issue can be solved through a different configuration.

The second point is that the Geo-Filter is guaranteed to get you the best connection possible. If you feel like you have better gameplay without the Netduma connected, all it means is that your Geo-Filter is blocking / filtering the hosts you usually connect to. It could be your ideal hosts are in a different location / further away. You should have a play around with your Geo-Filter home location and try the CoD Ultimate profile to find a more optimal setup.

Could you also run an Internet Diagnostics test and let us know the results? Thanks!

• Netduma Staff

I forgot to tell you that the cable company put a amplifier on the cable line to amp up my connection, could it be the amplifier?

The best way to find out would be to run a PingPlotter test without your router connected. With your modem wired to a PC you could find out how stable your line is that way :)

I forgot to tell you that the cable company put a amplifier on the cable line to amp up my connection, could it be the amplifier?

Could be a lot of things, like Jack suggested is to download and install Ping plotter (it's free) and let it run for awhile on a quiet network, with nothing else on your home network running.So if you have a busy household this might take some planning.

Let the program run for about 30 minutes and post the results so we can tell if it's your line or something else.I not saying that it is your line but it sounds like you have cable  ( so do I) and that is the absolute worst for gaming due to the instability and node overload you are probably experiencing.The stability of your line depends on what all your neighbors are doing that are on your hub, that's why it's unstable for gaming.And I also have my TV that runs along with the internet again not ideal for gaming.If your just surfing the web or watching netflix etc the instability isn't noticeable but in a FPS game it's very noticeable.

So run the ping plotter and we'll see what it looks like.And just out of curiosity what modem are you running ? 

• Netduma Staff

It's working good now. The cable company did a system reset and that worked. Thank you guys for your help

That's awesome to hear, I'm glad! Please let us know if you have any more questions or issues and we'll be happy to help :)