Which VPN setup is better?

davidhen

Lately, I have been thinking to set up a VPN service on my new android phone, but I heard that you can setup the VPN on the main router where all your device connect. This raises a question that will the security or encryption be weakened with such a process, will stay functional? or the best option is to use a dedicated app or manual setup on an android phone. Guide me, someone? Also if you recommend me good service you are more than welcome!

What router are you considering setting up the VPN on? I have personally used P.I.A (privateinternetaccess.com) for the past 6 years and they perform great and do not keep logs unlike HideMyAss which netduma and some others promote. HideMyAss is the only vpn option at the moment on the current firmware on the XR500 but I am lead to believe that this will be changed in the near future. If you are an R1 user than you can use any vpn service and input the config files and user login info to connect to your desired vpn. But not sure if that will be possible after the DumaOS update to the R1 being released next week.

PIA for this purpose. If you have netduma router. Otherwise,  you can go with any option you want. https://www.bestvpn.co/will give you a hint. 

I had R1 and was using Ipvanish with it, performance was okaish. Its a bit of a speed choker but never had any leaks and it does not keep logs too.