Geo Filter question

I mainly play the division on xbox one and no matter where I place my home location I always connect to the same 2 servers located in Kansas. I was wondering if there are any other servers in the United States or anywhere. I even changed my location to the UK and still connected to the same servers. One server's ID is B768390405569499.

• Administrators

It's actually a Cali server. Servers can be mislocated so if the ping looks wrong for it's location - either too high or too low then it's the wrong location. Ping is the main thing. I don't know where the servers are located for the game but make sure to use Spectating Mode as you may get kicked from the game otherwise.

Thanks for the response, any idea as to it being one of only two servers I connect to no matter where I place my home location. The other server ID is 30a247123fcff0f5, these are the only two servers I connect to no matter where I place my home location. I have my set distance to 500 miles and I place my home location in New York. I should not be able to connect to these servers since they are outside my distance.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks for the response, any idea as to it being one of only two servers I connect to no matter where I place my home location. The other server ID is 30a247123fcff0f5, these are the only two servers I connect to no matter where I place my home location. I have my set distance to 500 miles and I place my home location in New York. I should not be able to connect to these servers since they are outside my distance.

If you enable Strict Mode you won't be able to connect to those servers any more, though I wouldn't recommend it since they're likely needed for the game to run. Some games have a different server setup than others, so not all games use peer-to-peer matchmaking where you would be able to connect to only local players. It sounds like The Division is still running on dedicated servers, so you'll probably have to connect to one of those two servers to play the game. I hope this makes sense, let us know if you have any questions!

Well, that's the thing, strict mode is enabled. That was part of my question, I should not be able to connect but I do. Any reason for that? Also, no personnel in the match populate either, it used to but does not anymore. This is my second XR500 and they seem to be extremely buggy.

• Netduma Staff

Well, that's the thing, strict mode is enabled. That was part of my question, I should not be able to connect but I do. Any reason for that? Also, no personnel in the match populate either, it used to but does not anymore. This is my second XR500 and they seem to be extremely buggy.

If you're using Spectating Mode that'll be why - you aren't actually filtering anything. If that's not the case please take a screenshot of the Geo-Filter map and post it here please :)