PUBG + Duma OS

• Netduma Staff

Hi Guy's,

What should i put for my bandwidth, My ISP supplies 40/10 ?

Also is it okay to use 1.1.1.1 for primary and 8.8.8.8 for secondery? DNS.

Thanks

I believe both of those points you're already correct on - the speeds you should enter are 40/10 (though if a speedtest shows a completely different result, input that instead - especially if it's higher) and those DNS settings seem fine to me :)

Thanks Jack for confirming, I have ran the speed test and it's lower than my expected speed which is normal I believe? What's the best settings to use for my speed and the router settings? Thanks Jack.

• Netduma Staff

Thanks Jack for confirming, I have ran the speed test and it's lower than my expected speed which is normal I believe? What's the best settings to use for my speed and the router settings? Thanks Jack.

Slightly lower is to be expected yes, though if they're more than 10mbps slower you might be able to get higher through different settings. Try out these for your speeds:

- Pre-emptive Algorithm
- 100% anti-flood
- Share excess enabled
- Reset device prioritisation & apply
- Disable IPv6 in WAN, LAN & misc
- Disable deep packet in misc
- Ensure the ethernet cables you're using work properly.
- Do a wired speed test from a PC

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using the R1 , My speed is 37 down and 9 up , However if I stet my bandwidth to 35 down 8 up it still going to 37 down and 9 up on the speed test?

That'll be because you've still got 100% sliders. It doesn't really work that way. You'd have to adjust slightly and then set the sliders to 99 or 50% or something to get what you want. For example if you had 50/10 and wanted to cap to 5/1 or something you could type 10/2 into set bandwidth with 50% sliders. Or use device prio to reach the same numbers.

Try 35.4 down and 8.1 up in set bandwidth with 99% reactive.

• Netduma Staff

I'm using the R1 , My speed is 37 down and 9 up , However if I stet my bandwidth to 35 down 8 up it still going to 37 down and 9 up on the speed test?

The advice above is great - setting your bandwidth to 35/8 and allowing the router to set up automatically will give you those approximate speeds. You're only a few mbps off, so the settings are fairly accurate.

With Anti-flood set to 100, Anti-Flood is essentially turned 'off'. 100 means you don't have a buffer (so for example, setting the sliders to 70 would mean you have a 30% buffer).

Just turning Anti-flood on, no matter what the setting is, will make a big difference when you're gaming. With the sliders at 99%, Anti-flood is essentially capping your connection and preventing greedy devices from taking more bandwidth than they need. I hope this makes sense - the main point here is that Set Bandwidth will get you approximately the speeds you set, but it'll never be 100% accurate due to the nature of both speed tests and the settings.

Thanks guys I understand now, I've just downloaded a profile from the forum but im unable to load it, this is the error message .

unable to apply settings because (Unable to to set device prioritation) any idea?

• Netduma Staff

Thanks guys I understand now, I've just downloaded a profile from the forum but im unable to load it, this is the error message .

unable to apply settings because (Unable to to set device prioritation) any idea?

If you get an error message like that you should just be able to untick whatever isn't loading properly (and load the rest of the settings fine). So in this case if you untick 'load Device Prioritisation' are you able to load the profile?