traffic priotization

Hi, i was curious to note that few extra features may be in the next update. Regarding TP (traffic priotization) I think as users of this router since we have duma classified game checked off, why not implement the ability of us being able to see which ports exactly are active while gaming? on top of that, I don't think it wouldn't hurt to able to have some minor tweaks regards to the qos,by that I mean why not implemeant a fortnite PC or console version? I mean might as well since fortnite has begun to rise more and more day by day. Also the geofilter will kick you out of fortnite games even if you have the in game settings set to ( west coast) or ( east coast) it will load to a aloading screen then kick you out. So i suggest anyone reading this post be warned to have geofilter set to spectating mode when playing fortnite. Also I think you should be able to priotize which specifc packets for gaming, like udp over tcp or tcp over udp in some aspects, what firmware does a good job or better job at explaining this is Asus merlin firmware, just some few suggestions and tweaks rather for the next update.

• Administrators

why not implement the ability of us being able to see which ports exactly are active while gaming? 

You can see the ports if you made the rules yourself but what would be the advantage/purpose of showing the active ports being used by gaming? It just seems like unnessary additional information which would probably confuse people

why not implemeant a fortnite PC or console version? 

That is covered by DumaOS Classified Games already or by the Games Console service if on console or the Unreal Engine service if on PC.

Also the geofilter will kick you out of fortnite games even if you have the in game settings set to ( west coast) or ( east coast) it will load to a aloading screen then kick you out. 

As you select your region in the game there is no need to use Filtering Mode on the game. We're looking into the possibility of Filtering within the region. Also some servers are mislocated which is why you may be getting kicked. Keep in Spectating Mode and you can still ping the server.

Also I think you should be able to priotize which specifc packets for gaming, like udp over tcp or tcp over udp in some aspects

I don't really understand, it prioritises the gaming packets for you what would be the point of selecting that yourself? Also gaming mostly uses UDP so not much need.

--

Also to be clear, I'm not hating on your ideas I'm just giving my opinion on why they are not needed. If there is a legitimate reason/benefit for including them we can definitely do that!

That is covered by DumaOS Classified Games already or by the Games Console service if on console or the Unreal Engine service if on PC.

Fraser, using this option even for the PS4 works. I don't own a xbox, but I would bet using the "Unreal Engine" option will work to prioritize for all systems. As I think they use the same ports, or whatever is used within that option, for both consoles, and PC.

• Administrators

Fraser, using this option even for the PS4 works. I don't own a xbox, but I would bet using the "Unreal Engine" option will work to prioritize for all systems. As I think they use the same ports, or whatever is used within that option, for both consoles, and PC.

Also works for Fortnite on Mobile!

• 2 weeks later...

The red icon for TP has offically stopped working for me, the only way for me to turn it back on is for me to manually input my xbox in the TP, also I have been getting really slow upload speeds and packet loss on the xbox one

• Administrators
  1. Do you DumaOS classified games checked when testing the red light?
  2. Have you enabled IPv6 at any point? If so, could you disable this

If you are happy with both of those settings, then I recommend a factory reset. It sounds that with all the configuring you have been making it may have become confused:

https://kb.netgear.com/000053098/How-do-I-perform-a-factory-reset-on-my-XR500-Nighthawk-gaming-router