Network Overview bugged

• Netduma Staff

How much does the Network Snapshot graph fluctuate? It is possible to receive higher than your expected speeds from your ISP - the speeds you pay for are only estimates. I'll see what Fraser thinks of this when he's online as he might have a better idea of why these graphs don't match.

• Administrators

Network Snapshot is showing the average which is why it's quite accurate. Network Overview doesn't show an average, it shows whats happening immediately. Speeds can fluctuate like that but you only ever see the average so it's working as expected as far as I can see.

I still don't really understand but I pay for 100d/10u, speed tests cap me 118d/12u, I'm not sure how I can "average" 160 Mbps. The network snapshot is accurate adding up the devices to about 118d

• Administrators

Snapshot shows the average which is equal to the speeds that you expect you get. Any speed test is an average result of the speeds you obtain during the duration of your test. Overview shows the fluctuation of the speeds not the average. At the lowest you got about 60 and at the highest almost 160 so that does average out to about 118.

I didn't realize speed test was an average I thought it was just holding that speed. My 118 limited is just an average then? it will spike to 160 then my ISP will drop it was down to like 60

• Administrators

It's not really as black and white as them dropping it down to 60, it's just the nature of bandwidth, downloads etc to fluctuate. Yeah it's the average speed you will receive. Do an actual speed test while looking at the Network Monitor, snapshot will be very accurate to what you see speedtest reporting and overview will show bandwidth above and below what you're expecting.