Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

geo filter problems on codww2

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Local time: 07:26 PM

hi... set Geo filter to preferred area and sit in lobbies for ages with no game even though it might for example say 5 potential games. OK so turn strict off and get put in unplayable lobbies. cant win. it has to be said in my experience of the software etc its pure hit or miss if anything works. You seem to be either one of the lucky ones who then rave about it or like me become a moaning Minnie on these forums. Id like to challenge someone from netduma to come to my house and make this thing work or at least have the decency to give me my money back. because its just pure frustration for me and am totally fed up with spending hours upon hours tinkering. So anyone wanna take up the challenge?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

If you're not getting a game with the settings you have at the moment then there may not be many servers within the radius, can you include a screenshot please. What is the average ping to the game that you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter?

The tinkering is more likely the cause of issue, changing settings then playing a game then changing settings again is not going to give you the best experience. Finding the best Anti-Bufferbloat settings through this guide: http://forum.netduma...-on-dslreports/and finding the best place/distance for the Geo-Filter then leaving them both is what I'd recommend. You may get some bad games due to servers but majority of the time it will be fine.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

no i havent been changing frequently. Like i said in my previous posts i dont get many servers come up so i dont know where to fix my radius. tried all different bufferbloat settings and theres no consistency.. good for a couple of games then rubbish

If you're not getting a game with the settings you have at the moment then there may not be many servers within the radius, can you include a screenshot please. What is the average ping to the game that you're getting as shown by the Geo-Filter?

The tinkering is more likely the cause of issue, changing settings then playing a game then changing settings again is not going to give you the best experience. Finding the best Anti-Bufferbloat settings through this guide: http://forum.netduma...-on-dslreports/and finding the best place/distance for the Geo-Filter then leaving them both is what I'd recommend. You may get some bad games due to servers but majority of the time it will be fine.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

That's what I mean the Anti-Bufferbloat won't be inconsistent, it will be the servers you're playing on. You won't see all the servers but please include a shot of your map please

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

purpleandgold33

purpleandgold33

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Local time: 01:26 PM

no i havent been changing frequently. Like i said in my previous posts i dont get many servers come up so i dont know where to fix my radius. tried all different bufferbloat settings and theres no consistency.. good for a couple of games then rubbish

When you turn your game on have your laptop nearby with geo in front of you. When your game is booted up look at the locks on the screen. You can ping the locks. Those are the servers that are in the game. See which one looks good. For me I have my home set to Oklahoma and I live in Minnesota, about a 1,000 miles away. For whatever reason I get decent gameplay. Make sure STRICT IS ON when you find where you want to play. Turn your game off and wait about 2 mins. Turn it back on and there you go. You should be go to go. I am one of the very first ppl to own an R1 and by no means a techy person. I read through threads all of time to see what works for everyone else if I am having trouble. Believe me this router was the best thing that ever happened to me for gaming (besides my gaming monitor) but thats besides the point. Keep tinkering you will find your sweet spot. Also, WW2 is a weird game as far as connection goes. You could have the worlds best ping and connection and if your not playing on the right server you will be frustrated. There is a happy medium you just have to find it! We are all here to help. So any questions ask away man. Good luck! 

neo2070

neo2070

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Local time: 02:26 PM

Well said..

nunogsm

nunogsm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationPortugal

I play cod only since mw1, i play only cod in ps4, im a veteran of the cod and one of the best portuguese players.
let me tell you something this cod is a garbage, the conections are sucks.
the problem is not in your netduma.

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

OK. By reading everyone's comments on this thread its just reaffirmed to me that i have got to be more patient and give it time for me to become more savvy with the whole software. To be fair Fraser has been excellent and everyone's comments helpful or have been positive. So i am just going to resign myself to the fact cod is garbage and try and do the best with what i have got. 

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

thanks. will do 

When you turn your game on have your laptop nearby with geo in front of you. When your game is booted up look at the locks on the screen. You can ping the locks. Those are the servers that are in the game. See which one looks good. For me I have my home set to Oklahoma and I live in Minnesota, about a 1,000 miles away. For whatever reason I get decent gameplay. Make sure STRICT IS ON when you find where you want to play. Turn your game off and wait about 2 mins. Turn it back on and there you go. You should be go to go. I am one of the very first ppl to own an R1 and by no means a techy person. I read through threads all of time to see what works for everyone else if I am having trouble. Believe me this router was the best thing that ever happened to me for gaming (besides my gaming monitor) but thats besides the point. Keep tinkering you will find your sweet spot. Also, WW2 is a weird game as far as connection goes. You could have the worlds best ping and connection and if your not playing on the right server you will be frustrated. There is a happy medium you just have to find it! We are all here to help. So any questions ask away man. Good luck! 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,874 posts

OK. By reading everyone's comments on this thread its just reaffirmed to me that i have got to be more patient and give it time for me to become more savvy with the whole software. To be fair Fraser has been excellent and everyone's comments helpful or have been positive. So i am just going to resign myself to the fact cod is garbage and try and do the best with what i have got. 

If you'd like to prove it for yourself I'd recommend trying out CoD: Black Ops 3 or 2 again. If you've got a low and stable ping and you've got a decent host, those games will play perfectly. CoD WWII has long-standing server issues that have plagued it since its launch unfortunately. I'd definitely recommend trying out Frasers guide and getting some great results through Anti-Bufferbloat.

Let us know how you get on Jay, we're always here to help! Hopefully Black Ops 4 will play better.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

try my guide http://forum.netduma...wwii-pc-gamers/

sometimes i have to wait a few mins but eventually get into a game (i play on Pc).

normally plays ok for me with these settings

..may or may not work for you on console.  (note the updated 2nd image in post)

wwii.jpg

Rockets all gone... Mnnnn...Your fooling no-one Kim !!!

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

yes jack. BO4 has got to be a cut above as its treyarch. Fingers crossed..

If you'd like to prove it for yourself I'd recommend trying out CoD: Black Ops 3 or 2 again. If you've got a low and stable ping and you've got a decent host, those games will play perfectly. CoD WWII has long-standing server issues that have plagued it since its launch unfortunately. I'd definitely recommend trying out Frasers guide and getting some great results through Anti-Bufferbloat.

Let us know how you get on Jay, we're always here to help! Hopefully Black Ops 4 will play better.

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

i just tried a completely random setting in QoS to try and achieve a better upload bufferfloat value is DSLReports..

when i used the sliders at 10% DL and 100% UL, i get the best bufferbloat as follows;

10-100.jpg

but if i use the sliders at 70/70 as suggested by the mods, i get this ;

70-70.jpg

I haven't tested these settings "in-game" as yet (as im currently in work :rolleyes: ). Should be an interesting test.....

Given that my best ping with my ISP (BT Infinity2) is 18ms, these new slider values (10% DL / 100% UL) settings do a damn good job it would seem ?

I tested several more times in DSLReports just to get a nice average, and managed to achieve my ISP ping of 18ms !!! 

ping.jpg

wwii.jpg

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Hey xlr, I'd recommend looking at this to potentially get A+ while still utilising Anti-BB: http://forum.netduma...rking/?p=178193

Time Converter

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Hey xlr, I'd recommend looking at this to potentially get A+ while still utilising Anti-BB: http://forum.netduma...rking/?p=178193

thanks

i had already taken those settings into account in my tests. i had actually posted a few times on page 2 of the post link you shown above.

the post i made above here, are my latest findings. albeit a bit unusual that they produce the results they do....?

when i get home im going to try our WWII and see how the settings fair.....  

At (10% DL / 100% UL) slider settings, by far! im getting the best bufferbloat results ....

wwii.jpg

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

thanks

i had already taken those settings into account in my tests. i had actually posted a few times on page 2 of the post link you shown above.

the post i made above here, are my latest findings. albeit a bit unusual that they produce the results they do....?

when i get home im going to try our WWII and see how the settings fair.....  

At (10% DL / 100% UL) slider settings, by far! im getting the best bufferbloat results ....

Oh sorry I misread it as you were using 100%, if that works for you and you don't mind that decrease in speed then that's great!

Time Converter

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

Oh sorry I misread it as you were using 100%, if that works for you and you don't mind that decrease in speed then that's great!

no worries, these settings purely for gaming. And only when High Traffic Priority is detected is enabled. Def giving best bufferbloat results.

any idea why the usual 70/70 sliders doesn't achieve the results i should expect ?

wwii.jpg

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

no worries, these settings purely for gaming. And only when High Traffic Priority is detected is enabled. Def giving best bufferbloat results.

any idea why the usual 70/70 sliders doesn't achieve the results i should expect ?

70/70 is only our recommended starting point, that usually provides most users with a really good connection but as every connection is different we encourage experimentation for the best results. Otherwise we would have just done an on/off button rather than a % system.

Time Converter

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

perfected my WWII (Pc) gaming experience by using both a VPN and the XR500 Geo location system.

I use IPVanish VPN, connected to Nottingham servers. (I live in Northern Ireland UK)

I have my Geo location set to Mid-Europe and the circle set to just almost touch the English channel.

This give me a perfect ping around 35-40ms (this ping will give you best hit-rate in game)

I now have great game-play with this setting. 

Bare in mind, this is only for WWII and you should play around with your own settings for different games.

wwii.jpg

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

I generally wouldn't recommend using a VPN for gaming unless absolutely necessary but glad to hear you've found what works for you!

Time Converter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users