Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

USE OF USB COOLING MAT WITH THE XR500

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Whitmow

Whitmow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Local time: 11:43 AM
Whilst waiting for new stock to come in May , , do you think it would be sensible to use something like a laptop/USB cooling mat in conjunction with the XR500 , in order to keep it cooler , due to the units known heat generation.

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

what do you mean it's known heat generation???? Mine is almost stone cold!

Posted Image Posted Image

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,111 posts

I don't think it will ever get hot enough to the point where you will need extra cooling.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Whitmow

Whitmow

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
Yey!! One less thing to buy , i was going by a miquote i saw on amazon a while back , , which indicated a heat generation problem , having looked again,, and amazon notorius for mixing up product reviews , to fill their pages , i now suspect that this was one of these cases , my thanks to you both , apologies for wasting your time

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

Yey!! One less thing to buy , i was going by a miquote i saw on amazon a while back , , which indicated a heat generation problem , having looked again,, and amazon notorius for mixing up product reviews , to fill their pages , i now suspect that this was one of these cases , my thanks to you both , apologies for wasting your time

not a waste of time asking mate, no worries........But could you please in future try to add any questions you have into 1 post to make it easier to reply to.

Posted Image Posted Image

Killhippie

Killhippie

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUK

Amazon have a horrible way of logging almost all Netgear routers into one, so its hard to tell what's what. I would just stick with the XR500 page, at least its about the router you are looking for, cooling on these units is great, Qualcomm chipsets tend to run cool compared with Broadcom, my R7800 hardly ever got even warm to the touch, even when the room with the router in it hit over 30C last summer, it was fine. I see no reason for the XR500 to be any different. I just wish they had gone for a all smooth finish like the R7800 easier to keep clean and to remove labels that are stuck on by superman apparently ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users