DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta! Learn more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26315-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1-is-now-in-open-beta/

Sign in to follow this  
Whitmow

USE OF USB COOLING MAT WITH THE XR500

Whilst waiting for new stock to come in May , , do you think it would be sensible to use something like a laptop/USB cooling mat in conjunction with the XR500 , in order to keep it cooler , due to the units known heat generation.

Yey!! One less thing to buy , i was going by a miquote i saw on amazon a while back , , which indicated a heat generation problem , having looked again,, and amazon notorius for mixing up product reviews , to fill their pages , i now suspect that this was one of these cases , my thanks to you both , apologies for wasting your time

Yey!! One less thing to buy , i was going by a miquote i saw on amazon a while back , , which indicated a heat generation problem , having looked again,, and amazon notorius for mixing up product reviews , to fill their pages , i now suspect that this was one of these cases , my thanks to you both , apologies for wasting your time

not a waste of time asking mate, no worries........But could you please in future try to add any questions you have into 1 post to make it easier to reply to.

Amazon have a horrible way of logging almost all Netgear routers into one, so its hard to tell what's what. I would just stick with the XR500 page, at least its about the router you are looking for, cooling on these units is great, Qualcomm chipsets tend to run cool compared with Broadcom, my R7800 hardly ever got even warm to the touch, even when the room with the router in it hit over 30C last summer, it was fine. I see no reason for the XR500 to be any different. I just wish they had gone for a all smooth finish like the R7800 easier to keep clean and to remove labels that are stuck on by superman apparently ;)