DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta! Learn more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26315-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1-is-now-in-open-beta/

Sign in to follow this  
Whitmow

BEST EXTENDER TO USE TO USE WITH THE EX500

Whilst waiting for new stock to come in May , Any advise please on the best extender to use with the xr500 , as due to dimensions of the victorian house i currently live in , as good as i know the xr500 is it will have difficulties penertrating solid oak doors in the upper part of the house

Again thanks big dog , i currently have netgears pl1000 powerline adapters x 4 , as the xr500 is such a beast , would you recommend an upgrade to their pl1200 range or above

Again thanks big dog , i currently have netgears pl1000 powerline adapters x 4 , as the xr500 is such a beast , would you recommend an upgrade to their pl1200 range or above

Depends on what speeds they support, if they support the speeds you get from your isp then there is no need to shell out cash for stuff you dont need. I would still advise on using a spare router in AP mode incase you have any dead spots with wifi. I have a largeish house (1400sqft) and it reaches everywhere at full strength so I do not need an AP router :)

I tried Powerline adapters connected to a Netgear EX8000 extender in an old victorian house (with electrical cabling to match) which resulted in 5% packet loss which was no good for gaming. Your mileage may vary.

It looks like you've got some great advice above, let us know which adapter you choose :D