Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Duma OS needs reset

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

alba_gamer

alba_gamer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local time: 07:26 PM
  • LocationUK

When I start the duma i get a 70ms on the xbox 1 console network, after a few hours this goes up to 175ms and things go from bad to worse. All the while on the duma it's says i'm getting a ping of 40ms.

Is there something I can do to stop this, make my ping any better.

I'm with TalkTalk with a DL of 2.3 UL of 0.7

Attached Files

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 828 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Hi Alba - looking at your pingplotter, there is a big spike from your modem to your ISP which may mean there is congestion there.

1. Do you have any devices directly connected to your modem? If yes, make sure they are all connected to your XR500 so the QoS can affect everything

2. Your speeds are very low, so it’s important you set Anti-Bufferbloat to a low percentage like 50% when you’re gaming

Could you try both of these things and see if things improve

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • LocationUK
I don't know how you could possibly get 70ms on an Xbox connection test honestly. The server it pings is based in Seattle WA. Double that would be more realistic from the UK!

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,126 posts
  • LocationFar North of Scotland

I don't know how you could possibly get 70ms on an Xbox connection test honestly. The server it pings is based in Seattle WA. Double that would be more realistic from the UK!

The Xbox connection test sometimes pings European servers other times it pings Seattle. Seems pretty sporadic as to which servers it uses to test.
The family that slays together stays together

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts
  • LocationUK

The Xbox connection test sometimes pings European servers other times it pings Seattle. Seems pretty sporadic as to which servers it uses to test.

I haven't been on Xbox since the 360 so I had no idea! Good to know, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users