Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ETA on XR500 Firmware Update w/ DumaOS Enhancements?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dilly Dilly

Dilly Dilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 AM

So far, all of the XR500 firmware releases have been 'bug fixes'.  As a XR500 user, it works well and seems pretty 'bug free' to me.  I would like to see a firmware released that makes improvements / enhancements / upgrades to the DumaOS, such as ping assist, additional geofilter map zoom levels, a ping graph of the host that you are connected that updates on the dashboard, etc.  I know that the timing of firmware updates are ultimately up to Netgear, but I was wondering if you guys have any insight on when we should see a firmware update that enhances/upgrades DumaOS on the XR500?  TIA    

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts
  • Local time: 05:56 PM

Please take this with a pinch of salt as this could all be changed at any time. I believe the next firmware update will be out this month, and does include some of the features that have been requested before.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

...been quite a while now since "any" firmware update (or rather, just aother bugfix firmware) has been released.

im expecting HUGE changes with the next release!..... I (WE ALL) have waited long enough I think...?

if it is only bug-fixes again, its going back to Amazon.

I paid for the XR500 believing (as per manual) that IPVANISH vpn would be available...(along with lots of other R1 functionality),  only to hear that they will NOT be supporting IPVANISH?? and it will be removed from future manuals... seriously Netgear ??

Im thinking i should really have just gotten the R1 instead..... Netgear, you are too slow!

wwii.jpg

COD WWII STEAM GAMER ID

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

As I mentioned before it will introduce some new features, it will also contain bug fixes - that will always be a constant. I don't think it will include the VPN in this one, most likely the one after that. One big thing that will probably be done OTA (so after the upgrade but without you doing anything) will be a new cloud system. This will mean more accurate Geolocation etc. 

World Clock

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

thanks Fraser

do you believe the XR500 firmware/OS ever come close to (and be as comprehensive) as the R1 ?

wwii.jpg

COD WWII STEAM GAMER ID

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

thanks Fraser

do you believe the XR500 firmware/OS ever come close to (and be as comprehensive) as the R1 ?

Just due to the fact its an OS means there is so much opportunity to make tons of features so the OS will have all/the most loved features from the R1 plus loads more.

World Clock

xlr8r

xlr8r

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationN.Ireland

We all want all those R1 features now though LOL!!

wwii.jpg

COD WWII STEAM GAMER ID

Dilly Dilly

Dilly Dilly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Local time: 11:56 AM

As I mentioned before it will introduce some new features, it will also contain bug fixes - that will always be a constant. I don't think it will include the VPN in this one, most likely the one after that. One big thing that will probably be done OTA (so after the upgrade but without you doing anything) will be a new cloud system. This will mean more accurate Geolocation etc.

Do you have an update on the expected release date for the next XR500 firmware release?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,299 posts

Do you have an update on the expected release date for the next XR500 firmware release?

No I don't unfortunately but I will keep you updated as soon as I know.

World Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users