Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nest Camera - XR500 Issues.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,430 posts
  • Local time: 08:48 PM
  • LocationNear Manchester

That's a really good idea! Try that please Monyx - put them on the guest network and see if it resolves the problem

if it works it may not be an ideal solution for him but it could help until a solution is found or could help to narrow down tthe issue for you guys to solve!

BIG__DOG

BIG__DOG

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,430 posts
  • LocationNear Manchester

i am hoping hes not given each camera a static ip address so it is something that simple, but i doubt it :D

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,306 posts

I'm not sure how the cameras work exactly but this may be related to another issue with Xbox changing the required speeds it needs depending on it's level of activity. If the Nest camera goes to sleep and awakens when it sees movement this could be it. If it is then Netgear have everything they need to try and debug this to work on a fix.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Monyx

Monyx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 5 posts
I had withheld changing the network they were on because (if any of you are nest cameras owners you know this) I need to get my big ladder out and pop the cameras off to get to their barcode - a really annoying task considering where I've mounted these).

I decided to remove the new router completely and revert to my previous one. I re-enabled both WiFi bands and made the network names match identically to what I named them on the XR500. Everything that was previously online came back, including the cameras. This way I could also ensure if it were interference from another device on the network it would still exist. Needless to say it's been over 24 hours and none of my cameras have disconnected. I was getting upwards of 5-10 disconnects per day with the XR500.

I did the support call thing with Asus for the AC88U I purchased and the agent bricked my router within 10 minutes and I had to, on my own, use the flash recovery tool to bring it back to life. I decided to return the XR500 because I'm within my 30 days - I just don't have the time and patience to troubleshoot this. I know how these things go with manufacturers and support the majority of the time.

Maybe when Netgear sorts this issue out I will consider coming back, but this is way too big of flaw in basic functionality for me to look past.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,306 posts

Sorry to hear you've decided to return the router. I'm pretty confident the issue is related to what we're already working on and hopefully you'll consider the XR500 again in future. I'll close this topic for now.

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users