Netduma Speeds aren't the same as my modems

So I'm paying for way more internet then I should be trying to alleviate the affects of lag cause I run 2 ps4s at the same time. I have a Gig download per second. I swapped out my cable company's modem and bought one that could better handle that much speed. Here's my problem. When I do a speed test the through the modem my numbers test consistently with over 800download speeds and over 30 upload speeds. When I run the speed test utilizing the Netduma the speeds drop dramatically to under 100 download speeds and under 10 upload speeds.

What can I do to have the netduma not restrict the amount of internet I'm paying for? Also, the modem I use is a straight cable modem without wifi abilities.

If the answer is the Netduma I got is a faulty one please just tell me that so I can start the process asap. Thanks!

So I'm paying for way more internet then I should be trying to alleviate the affects of lag cause I run 2 ps4s at the same time. I have a Gig download per second. I swapped out my cable company's modem and bought one that could better handle that much speed. Here's my problem. When I do a speed test the through the modem my numbers test consistently with over 800download speeds and over 30 upload speeds. When I run the speed test utilizing the Netduma the speeds drop dramatically to under 100 download speeds and under 10 upload speeds.

What can I do to have the netduma not restrict the amount of internet I'm paying for? Also, the modem I use is a straight cable modem without wifi abilities.

If the answer is the Netduma I got is a faulty one please just tell me that so I can start the process asap. Thanks!

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000027341-my-speeds-have-decreased-help-

• Netduma Staff

Hi Terrence, welcome to the forum! In addition to the article linked above, it's worth noting that the Netduma R1 can only handle speeds of around 600mbps in a busy home environment. If you're limited to 100mbps it's possible that you're using PPPoE, which limits the max speeds through the router to that.

If you need your max speeds I'd suggest using the Netduma R1 for the Geo-Filter, connecting your gaming devices to it and connecting everything else to your modem. You wouldn't be able to make use of the Congestion Control features but you'd get your speeds on the devices that need it.

Games use