Have I somehow accidentally fixed the GUI lag issue?

Hi Duma army, need your help/thoughts.

If you've ever used port forwarding on the R1 you must know what I'm talking about. On seemingly every firmware version after 1.03.4 (I never tried 1.03.5 tbf), enabling the geofilter while you're manually forwarding ports instead of UPnP eventually gives you some horrible slow down in R1 interface page load times, even if other webpages are unaffected. If you're like me - always tinkering and trying to improve your gaming experience through testing - this would have pissed you right off lol

I upgraded to 1.03.6j this week and there was no difference, so I went back to UPnP to cover ports 3074 and 9308. Yesterday, however, I was tinkering with DNS to see if how it affected natural matchmaking while not using the geofilter (my friend in NE USA once used a Korean DNS server and connected only to the Japanese server LOL), but I couldn't come up with anything conclusive so for shits n giggles I tried OpenDNS instead and just left it there as it didn't give me any bandwidth decreases or other noticeably negative effects.

I got online today, went to play some CoD and turned my geofilter back on, but it took me a while to realise I was still using port forwarding rather than UPnP. I went straight to the GUI intending to remove those rules and replace them with UPnP as I always use my geofilter, but the page load times were as responsive as ever. I rebooted my R1 three times (rebooting seemed to make the lag kick in if I ever got more than five minutes of snappy load times), but still it was just fine. I've been playing around with filter settings and sliders all night just to force the "inevitable" GUI lag to rear its ugly head, but around eleven hours later it's still opening up perfectly on any browser I've tried.

I might be cursing myself here (I might try another reboot before posting this thread :ph34r:) but have I perhaps inadvertently found a workaround to this problem simply by changing DNS from auto (BT)? I know there are only a few weeks until DumaOS's release on the R1 so I doubt anyone cares, but if you're like me and you want to set everything on your router and consoles up manually so it's just right for your needs, perhaps you could try it yourself and see if it eliminates the slowdown on your end too.

I'd also be interested to know if any of you NEVER see this problem on firmware 1.03.6g or later while the geofilter is enabled along with manual port forwarding. I once heard using port 3074 on your geofilter instead of the PSN services alleviates this, but doing that meant my geofilter wouldn't even work properly in the past :D

Weird because hyper lane never made a difference with it for me. Same with the V2 theme.

Not that it matters because it turns out I did curse myself after all. Had a record time without GUI lag but it's started again :D hahaha

I always like to improve my latency with cod problems. I manually forwarded the ports from here. Why do I manually forward the ports some of you might ask? It simply makes my cod gameplay somehow better, and I don't think it's placebo. When I use upnp for some reason I notice a bit of latency while playing (not sure why), but when I disable upnp and manually forward the ports from the activision support website latency is much better and I do much better. I don't understand why, but that's what I've noticed so I left that shit there hehe

About the gui lag thing; I had it, but I haven't seen it since I forwarded the ports and disabled upnp. Idk if that's what caused the lag. (I just simply haven't seen it since). About the forwarding ports & geo filtering - I think my geo filtering still works when I have the ports forwarded if that's what you were asking at the end

About the gui lag thing; I had it, but I haven't seen it since I forwarded the ports and disabled upnp. Idk if that's what caused the lag. (I just simply haven't seen it since). About the forwarding ports & geo filtering - I think my geo filtering still works when I have the ports forwarded if that's what you were asking at the end

Yeah I thought I'd seen the last of it; it lasted almost an entire day before I tried to access the GUI again and it came back :(

And what I meant by using 3074 on the geofilter refers to the game service. People have previously reported that manually entering port 3074 instead of the PSN service when setting up the geofilter eliminates the slowdown issue, but the filter simply didn't work when I did that... the map would never populate with players or servers, so I couldn't find games.

There's a pinned topic about this very issue also, take a look as may be similar/different methods: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/19266-slow-gui-interface-the-solution-is-here/

Oh I know, I've been there a lot :D hyper lane doesn't affect it as they say there, for me anyway. As long as the filter is on and manual port forwarding is in use, it'll happen again eventually. Of course it's easy to say "just turn the filter off when you're done playing" but that's not ideal if it takes you 10 minutes to load the filter page in the first place haha. Plus it's impossible to deal with if you need to tweak any settings.