DumaOS on the Netduma R1 is now in Open Beta! Learn more here: http://forum.netduma.com/topic/26315-dumaos-on-the-netduma-r1-is-now-in-open-beta/

jay Fallows

xr500 Doesnt work for me........

I know there is gonna be hate for me saying this but as stated the netduma software and xr500 definatley doesn't help at all whilst playing cod. I've got benq zowie monitor 1ms response time. 380d 21u internet and xbox one x and i am constantly playing catch up on cod. I've had fraser do a 1 on 1 and still nothing works. I've followed all advice about Geo locations and forcing servers and not placing Geo locator anywhere near UK . It just doesn't work the router is ok-ish for WiFi but other than that its all super inconsistant. Such a shame. Probably gonna sell it.

Please let us know what the average ping your getting on the Geo-Filter is. I suspect from our previous support sessions that it's working as expected and you're getting a low ping, in which case force different servers. The router gives you the tools to customise your connection as much as possible. If you want higher ping servers then force them. Without it you don't even have the options to eliminate the problems you face.

For one thing i'm not tech savvy as stated before in previous posts. So telling me to do what you said above is like telling me something in Russian. Your confusing me . The advertising says lowers ping. If i run speed test on chrome i've got 8ms, on the netduma interface it tells me i've got 23ms or there about. Also how am i supposed to find these higher ping servers? through absolute trial and error i guess. Is there a list of these servers anywhere. So what does the netduma actually do to help the average joe to get a descent LAG FREE game. Im suppossed to sit on forums for hours on end in the hope some random person can give me a jewel of wisdom. Crazy

8ms is your base ping which means thats the ping you have before you do anything on the internet. 23ms is the game ping so only 15ms on top of your base ping which is VERY good. So definitely the router is achieving it's purpose. Move your home location on the Map and change distance size to exclude the servers you don't want and force servers further away.

I would recommend you take a look at the DumaOS Knowledge Base we're building: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/16000056291

As well as doing the tours on QoS & the Geo-Filter, at the top of the page by clicking the ? icon. Also check out the help icons on all the panels. Then you'll have a really good understand of how the features work and can then customise as you see fit.

For one thing i'm not tech savvy as stated before in previous posts. So telling me to do what you said above is like telling me something in Russian. Your confusing me . The advertising says lowers ping. If i run speed test on chrome i've got 8ms, on the netduma interface it tells me i've got 23ms or there about. Also how am i supposed to find these higher ping servers? through absolute trial and error i guess. Is there a list of these servers anywhere. So what does the netduma actually do to help the average joe to get a descent LAG FREE game. Im suppossed to sit on forums for hours on end in the hope some random person can give me a jewel of wisdom. Crazy

I didn't know hardly anything about networking when I first got the R1 a little over a year ago.

Now I know probably 100% more than I did then.

Stick around the forum and you'll learn mate.

Everyones gotta start somewhere :)

fraser, i move geo filter around and i either sit there for ages with no game or nothing appears in circle and what i see is symbols on outside of circle

8ms is your base ping which means thats the ping you have before you do anything on the internet. 23ms is the game ping so only 15ms on top of your base ping which is VERY good. So definitely the router is achieving it's purpose. Move your home location on the Map and change distance size to exclude the servers you don't want and force servers further away.

I would recommend you take a look at the DumaOS Knowledge Base we're building: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/16000056291

As well as doing the tours on QoS & the Geo-Filter, at the top of the page by clicking the ? icon. Also check out the help icons on all the panels. Then you'll have a really good understand of how the features work and can then customise as you see fit.

fraser, i move geo filter around and i either sit there for ages with no game or nothing appears in circle and what i see is symbols on outside of circle

Try different servers for sure. It seems like the magic number is around 40ms. When the game first turns on look at your geo and click on various different servers and ping them. If something looks good move your home location to that respective area. Also, whenever you have a chance read threads on here on other ppl problems and issues or ideas. It will make you a little more knowable. I like you when I got duma knew absolutely nothing. Good luck!

ok so booted up always just shows server in Ireland and my icon. Thats it. why doesnt it show all servers.  

Setup your filter how you want it, then hard turn off the console.Wait for everything on the map to clear and then boot up the console and you'll have better luck

doesn't seem to work.

The Geo-Filter shows the server you are connected to, as well as the location of other players in your game. Here's what I recommend you do:

1. Set your home location on the Geo-Filter to a server area you want to try. As you say, there are servers in Ireland so perhaps to start off with, put your home around Ireland

2. Boot up your console and try playing CoD on this server region. See what are the pings are each game (on the Geo-Filter ping panel) and just get a feel for how the game plays. If you like it, great, don't move it! If you don't, no problem, move your home location to another area, perhaps Germany

Just remember to keep your distance at a reasonable number (e.g. 500km) because you could end up blocking the server if you make it too small.

DumaOS is all about giving you the power to optimise your connection. Good luck

Jay, forget about waiting for the router to show you the location of all servers if it's not working for you. Just Google them or watch a YouTube video. That's what I did for the US and adjusted the Geo filter accordingly. Don't forget, as fewer and fewer people play this game, there will be a bigger ping discrepancy which throws off the connection in a lot of lobbies. The game has to search wider for more players. I've seen A LOT of orange and red connections recently

kk got server map off google images as suggested and am experimenting over next few days. Im currently on a server in france which is around 38ms and it does seem more stable. Ill keep posting with results

Great, hope this works well for you.

It takes time to dial it in, but just remember that the issues you're having are purley the game's fault. With such a wide range of pings out there, the game does a poor job of handling them. The router does its job perfectly, at least for me. The CoD engine and netcode is the real problem.

totally agree. Games from the dark ages.....

It takes time to dial it in, but just remember that the issues you're having are purley the game's fault. With such a wide range of pings out there, the game does a poor job of handling them. The router does its job perfectly, at least for me. The CoD engine and netcode is the real problem.

i know your on an xbox but did you try my updated settings ? http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24364-in-game-lag-compensation-fix-for-cod-wwii-pc-gamers/?p=176396

i noticed that the Amsterdam server has suddenly improved its ping and caused me in-game lag compensation. i had to relocate my geo location further east and refined the radius to exclude it, but encompass the Valve server ... (see second image in my post via link above and retry)

With COD, no matter who you connect to, if your ping to host is under 25, your always gonna suffer "in-game lag compensation"  (due to poor game coding)....

you want to connect with a 35-40 ping for best results in game.

your problems are def game related and not router related.....

tried that my friend and it doesn't work.

i know your on an xbox but did you try my updated settings ? http://forum.netduma.com/topic/24364-in-game-lag-compensation-fix-for-cod-wwii-pc-gamers/?p=176396

i noticed that the Amsterdam server has suddenly improved its ping and caused me in-game lag compensation. i had to relocate my geo location further east and refined the radius to exclude it, but encompass the Valve server ... (see second image in my post via link above and retry)

With COD, no matter who you connect to, if your ping to host is under 25, your always gonna suffer "in-game lag compensation"  (due to poor game coding)....

you want to connect with a 35-40 ping for best results in game.

your problems are def game related and not router related.....