Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

DumaOS/XR500 Support on Netduma Forum

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Cwinston

Cwinston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Hi Netduma Fraser I have done all that was required and have managed to get an open Nat, however on doing the ping plotter I can see there are some spikes which by your guide I believe this could be due to setup or ISP provider. I have sent you a picture of pingplotter to assist further.

If you can fix this via 1-1 I would be eternally grateful :) 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts
  • Local time: 08:57 AM

Where's did you send the picture to? I can't find it. I'll take a look at the photo and see whats happening

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - Midnight BST

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Cwinston

Cwinston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I cant seem to attach it lol

Cwinston

Cwinston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

1525354722-U30753.png

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

What's the context of this test? Were you saturating the network and using QoS? QoS off with no saturation?

Time Converter

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Cwinston

Cwinston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

This was qos with ps4 on but no games playing, streaming on tv, so I guess a congested network.

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

This was qos with ps4 on but no games playing, streaming on tv, so I guess a congested network.

That's not really too congested. Can you do the same test direct to the Sky Hub please and post the picture

Time Converter

Cwinston

Cwinston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Im getting a steady 34ms with Sky no spikes, that would indicate a problem with the xr500 then?

1525359074-U30753.png

Cwinston

Cwinston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

I've realized I have had to enable wifi on sky now as the tv box upstairs will not connect unless its the sky router, im really at my wits end :(

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 19,178 posts

Okay so base ping of 24ms it looks like and your game ping was that low as well so the Geo-Filter was literally getting you the closest possible server at the best possible ping for your network. Though you didn't run the test for very long so hard to tell if it would spike or not. 

You need to do the saturation from my guide with varying Anti-Bufferbloat amounts to find the sweet spot for your connection to prevent any spikes if indeed they are not caused by Sky.

That's normal for Internet/TV services from the same company, they often lock the TV box to only connect to their ISP hub.

Time Converter

rousey

rousey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

I have found this problem also. From what im told Sky only use the 5ghz network for the Q boxes to connect to each other and they only use the internet when downloading on demand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users