Welcome to Netduma Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dedicated servers Block?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Local time: 02:10 PM

Hi when can we block dedicated servers. Some of the servers on cod are awful......

pollutionblues

pollutionblues

Forum Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,038 posts
  • LocationOuter Hebrides
It’s on the roadmap to have that feature soon
The family that slays together stays together

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,283 posts

We're working on it, it's been a highly requested feature!

Twitter/Facebook/YouTube/Twitch/Instagram/Steam Group/Discord

Official R1 Support Times: 10am - 6pm BST

World Clock

Official DumaOS/XR500 Support Times: 12pm - 2am BST

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

jay Fallows

jay Fallows

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

just out of interest y r the dedi servers on cod so bad. Am i ever gonna be able to play cod and get an even playing field. My internets good but these severs and lag comp is awful

We're working on it, it's been a highly requested feature!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,283 posts

just out of interest y r the dedi servers on cod so bad. Am i ever gonna be able to play cod and get an even playing field. My internets good but these severs and lag comp is awful

I don't know, I can only speculate. There are some good servers, all you need to do is shop around for better servers. Perma ban will soon be introduced so it will make it much easier

World Clock

If you're having Settings or Hardware issues with the XR500 please go here and login to get the number for Netgear's 24/7 support line: http://support.netgear.com/

Bueyako1

Bueyako1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM

Hey I´ve the XR500. and I´m playing COD WWII, I have a dedi near to me in Spain, Madrid and very stable 6 ms of ping. So what i´ve noticed is when a play in a lobby where some players are oranged-red bars connection status, they are ahead with 2 - 4 kd/r. So I also feel that my hit detection is so poor.

In the other side are the p2p matches, I feel more responsive my connection=hit detection, I can play more agressive, and more funny games I think p2p is great for players like me that I worry about the quality of the connection, bufferbloat, packet loss, jitter... etc.

To resume, I think that perma and temp ban feature is very needed in COD, so please do it as soon as possible.

Than you

Manuel

Netduma Admin

Netduma Admin

Netduma Staff

• Administrators
  • 511 posts
  • LocationNetduma HQ
Hi Manuel - thanks for the feedback. It’s at the top of our priority list!

ExtraCrispy86

ExtraCrispy86

Advanced Member

• Early Access
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Local time: 08:10 AM
  • LocationMerica

Part of the reason a lot of the dedicated server are messing up is because they’re being switched from a server building to cloud based servers.  Amazon Web Services has made it a lot cheaper for companies to outsource their servers through them instead of spending all the money for each location/equipment/staffing etc.  This is just my opinion, but I still think there are too many backdoors available through cloud based servers.  I get ddos’d 10 times more on the cloud based servers than I do on the other deticated servers... Especially playing PUBG 

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,283 posts

Part of the reason a lot of the dedicated server are messing up is because they’re being switched from a server building to cloud based servers.  Amazon Web Services has made it a lot cheaper for companies to outsource their servers through them instead of spending all the money for each location/equipment/staffing etc.  This is just my opinion, but I still think there are too many backdoors available through cloud based servers.  I get ddos’d 10 times more on the cloud based servers than I do on the other deticated servers... Especially playing PUBG 

Out of interest, how do you know that you are personally being DDoSed?

World Clock

ExtraCrispy86

ExtraCrispy86

Advanced Member

• Early Access
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMerica

It showed up in my logs as attempts... would you like a copy of the log file?  It’s weird because after using Whois up search, majority are coming from China then a few from Russia France and Germany.

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,533 posts

It showed up in my logs as attempts... would you like a copy of the log file?  It’s weird because after using Whois up search, majority are coming from China then a few from Russia France and Germany.

Ah the logs - don't worry about those, they aren't actually displaying DDoS attacks against you. They are purely for developers / tech engineers to look at and aren't intended for regular use. The DDoS notification is common and does not indicate a DDoS attack.

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

ExtraCrispy86

ExtraCrispy86

Advanced Member

• Early Access
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMerica

I know what each one means tho jack lol.  I thouroughly taught myself the ins and outs of networking.  The ddos scans weren’t the problems.  Every day or two while mid match on PUBG, the game just shuts off midplay and restarts. Each time that occurs there’s another DDos from Chinanet.  Fraser said to not use the block sites or services but it’s only gotten worse since I took them off block.

Im gonna do what I always do and experiment adjusting certain setting until I find the right fit... 

Netduma Jack

Netduma Jack

Graphic Artist

• Administrators
  • 2,533 posts

I know what each one means tho jack lol.  I thouroughly taught myself the ins and outs of networking.  The ddos scans weren’t the problems.  Every day or two while mid match on PUBG, the game just shuts off midplay and restarts. Each time that occurs there’s another DDos from Chinanet.  Fraser said to not use the block sites or services but it’s only gotten worse since I took them off block.

Im gonna do what I always do and experiment adjusting certain setting until I find the right fit... 

That could well be indicating an attack if you're getting disconnected at the same time. Are you using a VPN / have you considered using one?

Technical support:

Fine tuning guide - How to set up your Netduma R1 quickly with optimum settings. Includes: How to get your full speeds, opening your NAT & Geo-filter settings etc.
FAQ - Includes: How to play with friends using the Geo-filter, I can't access the router control panel, Wifi keeps dropping out etc.
Wiki - Main link to the Wiki, for everything else please search here or on the forum.
Current firmware version (1.03.6) - If you are on anything below this, follow the instructions carefully to upgrade.

Any other issues please make a new thread on the forum, thank you  :)

Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - Twitch - Instagram - Steam Group - Discord

ExtraCrispy86

ExtraCrispy86

Advanced Member

• Early Access
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMerica

We shouldn’t have to use a vpn, y’all should have the same option y’all have on the R1 that hides our IP so we don’t get ddos.  Plus VPN’s are crap for quality gaming and DumaOS doesn’t have the proper customizable options for setting up one through any other VPN besides Hidemyass just like the R1...

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,283 posts

There was no option to hide your IP on the R1, if you wanted DDoS protection on the R1 you'd use the VPN. Are you referring to Stealth Mode? If so just ensure 'respond to Ping on Internet Port' is unticked in Settings > WAN and it will achieve the same purpose. It won't protect you from DDoS though. VPN Hybird is coming, we're working on it now. 

World Clock

ExtraCrispy86

ExtraCrispy86

Advanced Member

• Early Access
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMerica

Awesome news!  Yea stealth mode seemed to help a lot on the R1, have it uncheck as well but thought stealth mode would also obfuscate the ip? When the VPN hybrid comes out, will we be able to adjust the vpn to our own personally created VPN (OpenVPN based)?

lllRL

lllRL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts
  • LocationUK

Hi Manuel - thanks for the feedback. It’s at the top of our priority list!

AWESOME :D

That'll be perfect for those in regions with awkwardly located servers - west EU for example, where it can be hard to include as many good servers as possible without one (usually Germany) getting in the way. It's near impossible to find a game if you pick just the Italian server, just the Danish server, just the Polish server etc. With no ping assist (I hope that's on DumaOS for the R1 at some point - it's 75% of the appeal of the geofilter) it'll be harder to achieve what you want.

< Half frame pings SUCK unless everyone in the lobby is under 30ms, which is maybe once in every 250 games even in core TDM!

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,283 posts

Awesome news!  Yea stealth mode seemed to help a lot on the R1, have it uncheck as well but thought stealth mode would also obfuscate the ip? When the VPN hybrid comes out, will we be able to adjust the vpn to our own personally created VPN (OpenVPN based)?

I don't think so, I believe it just wouldn't respond to a ping request. As far as I know yes but feature hasn't been finished yet so I haven't got to test it yet to confirm either way

World Clock

ExtraCrispy86

ExtraCrispy86

Advanced Member

• Early Access
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMerica

No worries, it’s just a joy to hear it’s being  worked on. Can’t really game properly on most vpns bc they’re so slow...  Can you try to use IPVanish as well as HideMyAss  when testing?

Netduma Fraser

Netduma Fraser

Tech & Customer Support

• Administrators
  • 18,283 posts

I know we're testing with PureVPN & NordVPN at the moment so I'm sure we'll try with others also

World Clock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users